• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
It looks to me it's a FDEP project. Can we read. I see that this meeting isn't the TDC. I also see that every other State Park in the area has to do the same management plan. So does the TDC just want to take over Grayton? Why not the rest? FAKE NEWS.
Brian at the TDC told me that the TDC would fund the development of this area of Grayton Beach State Park. They want it to be open access and will likely quickly become another TDC vast parking lot. Parking for beach access is fine in the middle of already developed private land but not in the middle of conservation land.
Don't forget the TDC not long ago wanted 10 acres of Point Washington State Forest for a new Tourist center.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Brian at the TDC told me that the TDC would fund the development of this area of Grayton Beach State Park. They want it to be open access and will likely quickly become another TDC vast parking lot. Parking for beach access is fine in the middle of already developed private land but not in the middle of conservation land.
Don't forget the TDC not long ago wanted 10 acres of Point Washington State Forest for a new Tourist center.

Sounds like a credible source stating the TDC is involved, as I know they are...

NO fake news here, just another opportunity to "take" for the sake of the Touron. SAY NO!!!!

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Simply just that. The $$$ doesn't go directly back to Topsail Park. TDC funds go into the general fund and even park employees there don't like that...
I get that and agree that Topsail should get the funds, but why do you say that TDC has taken over Topsail? Or are you just referring to the parking promotion?

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I get that and agree that Topsail should get the funds, but why do you say that TDC has taken over Topsail? Or are you just referring to the parking promotion?
Sorry, I'm referring to the parking promotion. That money that TDC pays the State doesn't go to the Topsail Park. It goes to the General Fund. So our wonderful park, doesn't see a dime... That's my beef.

At least Topsail HAD the available parking there. The problem is NO ONE wants to walk the one mile to the beach from the parking lot OR Wait for the TDC funded tram to take them, every 30 min or so...

IMO, that's now why the focus is on Grayton, shorter walking distance to beach and no tram to operate.

Last edited:

soappedaler

Beach Fanatic
Feb 21, 2006
Email the Florida Department of Environmental Protection FLStateParkPlanning@dep.state.fl.us
You can copy and paste the following or write your own comment. Put your name after the comment.
Subject: Deny the Proposed Amendment to Grayton Beach State Park Management Plan
Dear Grayton Beach State Park Planner,
I object to the proposed amendment to the Grayton Beach State Park Management Plan.
Please implement the recommendations for recreation that are in the current approved 2013 park plan. Thank you for your support

Campbell

Beach Comber
Feb 18, 2010
I am surprised this is not getting any attention. No one has posted any information about this on other forums, Facebook, etc.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
I am surprised this is not getting any attention. No one has posted any information about this on other forums, Facebook, etc.
MSM and local TV being surpressed by BCC and TDC of Walton..At least that's their MO for decades.... Maybe we need to clean our swamp.........but $$$$$ speaks..........

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
Email the Florida Department of Environmental Protection FLStateParkPlanning@dep.state.fl.us
You can copy and paste the following or write your own comment. Put your name after the comment.
Subject: Deny the Proposed Amendment to Grayton Beach State Park Management Plan
Dear Grayton Beach State Park Planner,
I object to the proposed amendment to the Grayton Beach State Park Management Plan.
Please implement the recommendations for recreation that are in the current approved 2013 park plan. Thank you for your support

I sent the email. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We MUST save what's left of Walton County's coastal beauty.