• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Beach Vendors get first choice, since they rule in SOWAL, second receivers of what's left BCC members based on seniority.
American way. Those that have .. rule.

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Have you ever been to Colarado? They seemed to have figured out both medicinal and recreational marijuana!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Medical Cannabis has the potential to be a better drug for pain and other CNS disorders than many prescription drugs currently on the market. However my knowledge of the subject is that politics are threatening to corrupt the industry before it can get off on the right foot. Our legislature responds to big money and big money is trying to control the market place. Nothing new but very frustrating non the less. People voted for medical cannabis and then it was up to to the legislative body to create rules and regulations. My information is that "follow the money is appropriate" to find out what is really going on. Multiple lawsuits have made the field a little more even but there are still only a few plant nurseries that will grow and dispense. The governor still has to sign the current bill that was ratified during this special session. If he signs (he says he will) there will be 17 plant nurseries throughout the state who will grow and dispense. The growers will be in charge of 25 dispensaries. For every 100,000 patients more nurseries and dispensaries will be allowed. The Department of Health is working on rules to implement the legislation.

I have experience in the medical field and I am certain that medical cannabis is warranted. I also have experience in the business world and I am certain that big money is calling the shots. Once again big money will control the economics of medical cannabis. This is not an equal opportunity industry. What else is new? However, my medical experience believes that many people will be helped so don't sweat the details. If you do want to know the details of this areas nursery and dispensaries then you will find familiar people involved.

Gov. Rick Scott signed legislation Friday to implement the medical marijuana amendment that Florida voters approved last year.

Amendment 2, approved by 71 percent of the voters in November, took effect on Jan. 3 and required that laws had to be in place by July 3 for how patients can qualify and receive the drug. Scott has noted that the constitutional amendment “was passed overwhelmingly” and said the law “make sense for our state.”

“This is a good day for sick and suffering Floridians. The signing of this law provides a framework for the future of our state's medical marijuana system and while it is far from perfect, it will begin providing access to patients,” said Ben Pollara, the executive director of Florida for Care.

Patients who suffered from epilepsy, chronic muscle spasms, cancer and terminal conditions were allowed under laws Scott signed in 2014 and 2016 to receive either low-THC cannabis or full strength medical marijuana. This law adds people with HIV and AIDS, glaucoma, post-traumatic stress disorder, ALS, Crohn's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis and similar conditions.

The legislation also paves the way for 10 more medical marijuana treatment centers by Oct. 3, which is the deadline for the rules to be enacted, in addition to the seven already operating. Five that applied in 2015 but were not selected will be licensed by August. The other five licensees include one set aside for a group of black farmers.

“Today should be a striking reminder of the power of each and every person's vote. The people of Florida spoke loudly in November and the Legislature and the Governor have responded,” said Taylor Patrick Biehl, who help runs the Medical Marijuana Business Association of Florida.

The bill still bans smoking the marijuana, despite amendment supporters saying it is written into the language. John Morgan, who played a key role in getting the amendment on the ballot and passed, is expected to file suit over this issue in Leon County Circuit Court.

Medical marijuana products can be sold as edibles, vaping, oils, sprays or tinctures. Patients may receive an order for three 70-day supplies before having to visit a doctor again to get re-examined.

www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-reg-scott-signs-pot-law-20170623-story.html

mputnal

Beach Fanatic
Nov 10, 2009
That is good news. Now wondering what regs the Agency for Healthcare will add to the process. My Uncle in Oregon says that there is very little regulation in his State and he is free to experiment with the hundreds of different types for chronic pain. I think in Florida it will be highly regulated as to medical condition and type. The 2014 amendment only allowed low THC and high CBD. The 2016 bill allows all types of cannabis for terminally ill but many restrictions on other medical conditions. Patients must have a special ID card and be on a registry before being dispensed defined variations of low THC and high CBD. It is going to be interesting to see how it all works and how well it can be regulated at the nursery level since they will be in charge of the growing and dispensing.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
My point was so that we remember what got some of these Victims to the place they are today and to not forget those that enabled them and protected their "dealers".

Glad things are moving forward on the Medical front for Cannabis.