• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Consistently good fine dining options moving east to west along 30-A: Cuvee 30-A, Paradis, Café 30-A, Surfing Deer, Trebeache, Basmati's. Sometimes good, but pretty inconsistent: Havana, Bud and Alley's, Fish Out of Water, The Vue.

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
I'll be polite and leave the over rated stuff unsaid. There are quite a few popular SoWal restaurants are over rated in my book but there are some true gems - usually where owners or managers are hands on and know their stuff and have attention to detail. Although there are a few hands on people whose table cloths don't quite cover the whole table if you catch my drift. :lol:

GEMS
Bud & Alley's - all 3
Paradis
Stinky's - Trebeache
Basmati's
Fish Out of Water
Mi Casita
South of Philly
Cafe Thirty-A
Real Thai
The Bay
Borago
Abrazo
Bijou
Local Catch
Hibiscus Cafe

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
I always try to boost businesses that are good and ignore the others. I am glad that a place like New Orleans doesn't put up with bad restaurants - at least most everywhere except the French Quarter where tourists are gonna be, tourists are trapped, tourists are gonna eat.
Unfortunately SoWal is like that in the Summer. Some places can stay in business just from Summer tourists.

Another problem is that a restaurant change partly or completely, so even if the entire menu, staff, and ownership changes for the better, an internet post can do long -term damage. Unfair!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
IF you want a real interesting discussion, let's talk about Wait Staff / Service as opposed to food and see who's who.