• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

BeachMac

Beach Lover
Oct 3, 2008
Does anyone know what the vote breakdown was - who was the 1 "no" and who was absent?

Truman

Beach Fanatic
Apr 3, 2009
The Walton County Board of County Commissioners have approved some changes in the county land development code. Planning director, Mac Carpenter requested for authorization to amend the Major and Minor Development application threshold in Chapter 11 during Tuesday's meeting in Santa Rosa Beach.

The request included streamlining the development review process, to make it more consistent with other local governments in the area but. Comisioners say it would reduce the time required to obtain most development orders in Walton County, thus saving developers money. The public asked the Board and Planning Director to consider public hearings to further discuss changing the thresholds. The board voted to approve the change in a three to one vote. Walton County Planning Director said they will hold future public hearings to at least consider changing the thresholds.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
The Walton County Board of County Commissioners have approved some changes in the county land development code. Planning director, Mac Carpenter requested for authorization to amend the Major and Minor Development application threshold in Chapter 11 during Tuesday's meeting in Santa Rosa Beach.

The request included streamlining the development review process, to make it more consistent with other local governments in the area but. Comisioners say it would reduce the time required to obtain most development orders in Walton County, thus saving developers money. The public asked the Board and Planning Director to consider public hearings to further discuss changing the thresholds. The board voted to approve the change in a three to one vote. Walton County Planning Director said they will hold future public hearings to at least consider changing the thresholds.

Quote your source please so that Citizens can CONSIDER the "source".

Article compliments of WZEP!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
She is in Africa as a private contractor so please stop saying "Serving our Country."

I beg to differ with you. Nipper is a Black Hawk helicopter pilot serving in the U.S. Army Reserves and does not pick and choose her assignments, the government does.

Be that as it may, she is allowed to work outside of her part time job as a County Commissioner. She also owns a private Sky Diving business.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
I appreciate her long service in the Military. I also appreciate (or appreciated) her service to this county. Yes I'm very aware that Commissioners are allowed to have other jobs or own business, and I believe they should, if those jobs or business are done locally. You can spin it any way you want, but I think its funny you are upset with Commissioners who are serving their County and Districts on a daily basis but you're not upset with Nipper who is getting paid by the TAXPAYERS to do nothing in our County.

Meet the Owners | Skydive North Florida

Melanie Nipper became a pilot in 1986, was an instrument flight instructor, crop duster, and flew cargo before flying for Gene Paul Thacker at Raeford Parachute Center where she met Jim. Melanie got in the Army as a Warrant officer in 1993 and flew Blackhawks and King Airs. Four combat tours, active duty for 12 years and was in the National Guard and still serves in the Reserves with 22 years of service flying Blackhawks. Currently flies a Kingair overseas as a contractor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I appreciate her long service in the Military. I also appreciate (or appreciated) her service to this county. Yes I'm very aware that Commissioners are allowed to have other jobs or own business, and I believe they should, if those jobs or business are done locally. You can spin it any way you want, but I think its funny you are upset with Commissioners who are serving their County and Districts on a daily basis but you're not upset with Nipper who is getting paid by the TAXPAYERS to do nothing in our County.

Meet the Owners | Skydive North Florida

I'm not upset in the least. You want to turn this into a flame fest about Nipper not being here and I'm simply not going to feed the flame. I think you're being ridiculous.

I'll debate you till the cows come home as to whether or not 3 Commissioners are serving this County. They serve developers and themselves first! The Citizens in this county get the left over riff raff.