• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
We have a growing list of great restaurants offering sushi at the beach. You can find full sushi bars or places offering a specialized selection of sushi on their menus. Where you do go for good sushi in Sowal or nearby?

AJ's in Grayton Beach now has a full sushi bar with a dedicated sushi chef and team!
Other nearby spots:
Basmati's Asian Cuisine (Blue Mountain)
Marie's Bistro (Blue Mountain)
Old Florida Fish House (Seagrove)
Sushimoto (Miramar Beach)
Osaka Sushi Rocks (Baytowne)
VKI (Hwy 98 SRB)
The Bay (dinner only)
45 Central wine bar (Seaside)
Shan Kishi (Miramar Beach, also on Back Beach Road in PCB)
The Gathering Spot (WaterColor Inn - sushi at happy hour & dinner)
Royal Palm Grille (Surfside Resort Miramar Beach)

DESTIN: Jackacudas, Harbor Docks (Destin Harbor), Osaka Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse & Sushi Bar

Panama City Beach: Osaka (Pier Park), Oishi Thai Restaurant & Sushi Bar (Front Beach Road)

Where do you go for sushi? We're working on a SoWal LIST for top sushi go to spots.

150715-Basmatis-009-sowal-2000.jpg

photo: Basmati's in Blue Mountain Beach

Last edited:

30A Skunkape

Skunky
Jan 18, 2006
Backatown Seagrove
Sushimoto or bust. Funny to watch the gluttons leaving the Melting Pot while waiting on a spot at the bar. On 30-A I like Basmati, OFFH is pretty good. I'll have to try VKI again one day, on the two occasions I have had their offerings they were so-so and covered in gloppy sauce. To be fair that was at least two years ago.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Gloppy sauce is a frightening situation that has swept America and ruined many a roll. Probably started by jerks with smelly seafood and embraced by tasteless gobblers who like crappy coated fries.