• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Sarah Moss

Beach Lover
Apr 5, 2006
Black Creek
Does anyone know of a builder who uses concrete to build homes in the area?
We are about to build a home and this is what we want due to all of the benefits most of all wind protection.
Thanks for you help!

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
O'Shea Builders, Inc. - Destin, Florida

O'Shea Builders, Inc. is owned by Phillip and Kelly O'Shea. They grew up in the area and have been building custom homes locally since 1989.

O’Shea Builders, Inc. is an Approved Builder by the Florida Concrete Association. Approved Builders are the most educated and professionally trained concrete builders in the State of Florida.

O'Shea Builders, Inc. is a FLORIDA STATE CERTIFIED BUILDING CONTRACTOR
(Lic. # CBC 056006), which is one of the highest building licenses in Florida, and a distinction which follows successful completion of the most rigorous State testing. This license allows building throughout the entire state. The firm has won the prestigious APEX Building Industry Association Award of Professional Excellence and has been a Parade of Homes winner many times over.

In addition to their excellent reputation as custom home builders, O’Shea Builders, Inc. is also known as an experienced commercial building company. Commercial construction requires significant experience and substantial technical knowledge specifically related to the complex commercial process.

Please call 850-654-8600 for an appointment and they will help with your entire building process - from plans to turn key.

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
For a reasonable and good ICF contractor consider ABW Construction, Ron Griffin #(850) 678-8352.
ICF way to go, get 6" core and save bigtime on home insurance & utilities.

jkmason

Beach Lover
Mar 10, 2014
One thing to kick around with ICF construction is that you lose 5" of depth for every linear inch of wall. That is a lot of sf that you will not be able to enjoy or profit from.

Marmot

Beach Lover
Jun 16, 2016
SRB
Good point on 5" loss of sq ft in usable living space and that might be a deterrent for many as every inch of usable living space becomes critical. I think in terms of financial profit, along the coast concrete homes add value and I believe home sq ft is measured on outside of home. There is definitely a decrease in insurance costs and energy efficiency, like a "big yeti" in addition an ICF home requires lower sized tonnage A/C unit. They are also quieter inside. I am surprised more people do not build with concrete in light of all the benefits, but I guess your observation & additional upfront costs speaks to this reason.