• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
Well, perhaps I diluted my argument. Point was before 6am lots of non occupied chairs set up along the water and not one was a vendors .

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Well, perhaps I diluted my argument. Point was before 6am lots of non occupied chairs set up along the water and not one was a vendors .
If you're trying to support vendors, you won't get much support from me.

If you're calling attention the the bigger picture and the reality that this problem is sistmic, I would agree.

Enforcement is a joke regardless for whom.

Purrmaid

Beach Comber
Jul 4, 2016
Seagrove
If you're trying to support vendors, you won't get much support from me.

If you're calling attention the the bigger picture and the reality that this problem is sistmic, I would agree.

Enforcement is a joke regardless for whom.
Definitely calling attention to the bigger picture.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
I have a house in sea grove that is a second home and now that I am older , when I go to the beach it's a job to carry beach chairs up the walkway of 40 steps. I think one of the best things going is being able to have someone bring chairs to the beach for me. For the locals who don't like vendors they are the same people who envy those with beach permits for Grayton.the real problem is with the people who come here 5 weeks a year to stay in there home and rent 30 plus weeks to other people. I'm not positive but if you average the age of people who own a house within a 1000 feet of gulf , I would say they are 60 plus years old. So if you don't like people at beach move to Mexico beach. Then we would not have to listen to you cry everyday on here.When you have 30 plus years on beach then you're option should matter not that you have more money and just moved here.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I have a house in sea grove that is a second home and now that I am older , when I go to the beach it's a job to carry beach chairs up the walkway of 40 steps. I think one of the best things going is being able to have someone bring chairs to the beach for me. For the locals who don't like vendors they are the same people who envy those with beach permits for Grayton.the real problem is with the people who come here 5 weeks a year to stay in there home and rent 30 plus weeks to other people. I'm not positive but if you average the age of people who own a house within a 1000 feet of gulf , I would say they are 60 plus years old. So if you don't like people at beach move to Mexico beach. Then we would not have to listen to you cry everyday on here.When you have 30 plus years on beach then you're option should matter not that you have more money and just moved here.

You just joined SoWal in July and you obviously have not gotten all caught up on this issue. Please do so...

If you are unable to haul your own personal items to the beach, I can understand that and you have a right to hire someone to do so.

However, if you do this (hire someone) I expect to see you in your rental set up on the beach and not a name tag and then you mysteriously appear at 11:00am to enjoy the beach....while your set up has been there for hours and hours.

If you OWN the beach in question, then that's your beach and have at it.

The "age" of people has nothing to do with any of this, so don't' go there.

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake

Forgive me but I am an old man, 61 years old , live no where close to the beach but have to hump my chairs down and find a place to camp out - I take offense to your extremely myopic and ill informed view of how things work and suggest as John G said "You need to GET EDUCATED" - I enjoy people from all walks of life but take extreme offense to someone who has obviously offered his or her opinion 9 times on this site and is telling us locals where to move. You are entitled to your opinion and us locals as well - Hope to see you at Mexico Beach as unless you are bribing the local BCC , are related to them or have a tie to the rich and the famous lawyers who control the county, you are absolutely clueless, ill informed and have no idea of reality. I apologize in advance for the negative tone of this response but I will be hard pressed to listen to an opinion on us locals by someone who has minimally participated on the SOWAL web site - It almost seems like you have cherry picked the subject and must have a vested interest in the subject.. Sorry buckaroo, but spend some time reading the issues before piling on the locals and saying we are the problem.. Fell free to PM me to discuss further or if you like, I'd happy to set up a meeting with several of a impartial group of locals who don't own beachfront but care about SOWAL... #CLUELESS

Last edited by a moderator:

beachmouse

Beach Fanatic
Dec 5, 2004
Bluewater Bay, FL
I've been here going on twenty years, and likely will be here many more, as the spousal unit's job seems reasonably stable, and it would be hard to replicate it elsewhere at this point.

Hate crud left on the beach, whether it's tents or beach vendor junk or whatever. Current avoidance practice it to stick to beaches at state parks (annual pass works out to about $10/month) where they don't tolerate such silliness from vendors.

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
The main problem I see is with places like the hub who build so many houses and then have to bus people to beach walk overs. There are places like red fish who have gulf front only to buildbath houses and parking lots for there owners to use. For the owners who own on north side of 30a.So at that point you have county walk overs on one side and condo parking on other.i think we should put a hold on all new subdivisions .