• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
BMB Public Beach 1:30pm 7/23/17. Vendor took over the 50% Public Beach access and ILLEGALLY BLOCKING LIFE GUARDS STAND. ( but not a problem since they are both on break).

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 453

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
Dune Allen Beach
The lifeguard down at Gulfview Heights access moved his/her stand out to the sandbar (for better visability, I assume). That was even without the obvious obstruction of view from vendor 'brellos as shown in BMB photo.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Oh Hell NO!

This is insane. I posted about the tidal pools / river created.

Now we are favoring profit over safety.

Please call and report this. I know our "elected" officials read this site, but this is nuts.

It only a matter of time until we have someone drown due to this. Mother Nature cut her path, now deal with it.

If a guard moved a stand into the water, KUDOS to them. Just another reason why SWFD is the best!!!! Thank you Sammy, Rick and Co.!

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
BMB Public Beach 1:30pm 7/23/17. Vendor took over the 50% Public Beach access and ILLEGALLY BLOCKING LIFE GUARDS STAND. ( but not a problem since they are both on break).
Correction: understand there is only ONE GUARD WORKING A BUSY SUNDAY AT PUBLIC ACCESS BMB. Also no response from Brain at TDC or Jeff code Unenforcement officer about correcting situation sent to them in a text. cc: BCC members

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Correction: understand there is only ONE GUARD WORKING A BUSY SUNDAY AT PUBLIC ACCESS BMB. Also no response from Brain at TDC or Jeff code Unenforcement officer about correcting situation sent to them in a text. cc: BCC members
Brian at TDC.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014

The busiest day of the week, the FIRST day people get here and we are not staffed???

Absolute B.S. :poop:

The first day is the day when you set the ground rules and then the rest of the week could flow smoothly.

gumby

Beach Lover
Apr 28, 2010
Up the Creek
Also no response from Brain at TDC or Jeff code Unenforcement officer about correcting situation sent to them in a text. cc: BCC members

I agree, what bull:poop:. I guess you didn`t fill out the required online complaint form. It`s probably going to take someone dying on our beaches before there is any kind of reform on the code enforcement complaint process.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Why can't we have a call in number for complaints and a call-taker to dispatch an officer to the problem? Just like every other public safety organization uses. They could fund it easily with the TDC's revenues. Alternately, the TDC could pay SWFD to take the calls and dispatch officers as they already have their own dispatch center.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Why can't we have a call in number for complaints and a call-taker to dispatch an officer to the problem? Just like every other public safety organization uses. They could fund it easily with the TDC's revenues. Alternately, the TDC could pay SWFD to take the calls and dispatch officers as they already have their own dispatch center.
TDC Brian Kellenberger 850-267-4578
Enforcement officer (1) Jeff 850-428-0089

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
If only 1 or 2 Code Enforcement Officers work on Sunday, how are they possibly going to get to all of the enforcement issues? TDC doesn't have dispatch from what I hear. They have an online form that has to be filled out.