• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Looking for feedback. Considering a pool for a home in Point Washington that will eventually be a long term rental. It will add an expense and additional insurance.

Thoughts? TIA.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
It will be the "Pit" in your "Money Pit". Most kids just jump into other pools in the area.

Rents in this area are currently VERY high demand, with LOW inventory. Most of the working class people moving here cannot get a mortgage and thus want to rent. The Rent is high, very high, and thus some lie on the application and before you know it, you've got a commune in your neighborhood. Dogs, cats and "roommates" that never were on the lease. Check your Residential Rental Lease fine print if you use a Rental Agent.

This causes a trend of Rental Management Companies lowering their standards on WHO they rent to. They tend to "look the other way" on the roommate issues, even though a HOA Community they operate under has rules and regs. to support this. They are a profit driven business that survives on % margins. It is also hard to prove a "roommate" vs. a "family" member that is here to visit for a "few months".

Its all about the $$$. If you can pay it, you can have it and :poop: on the homeowners that have lived there for years and years prior to your arrival... Regardless of you HOA/COA Documents. This is also a reason many HOA's are spending $$$ on the re-writes of their documents.

Its been predicted in posts on this site and on others that the ultimate goal is to drive all local residents OUT of SoWal.

While it sounds like science fiction, it is a good theory if you look at all there is to see... Rentals and the $$$ they create is king.

I've gone far off on a tangent, far, far, away, but really, You Don't Need A Pool.

PM me with the rent as I might want to jump on that as I'm growing tired of my location...