• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Low Brow

Beach Lover
Jan 13, 2014
I'd like to see a small staff that assists bed tax collectors with their own marketing if requested. Also some easy web and social media content for all to use. Focus on ecology, ecotourism and conservation. We have festival fatigue.
Maintaining and building new beach accesses is important. Beach safety education could shift entirely to SWFD, rental companies, resorts and media like SoWal.com.

If you are running for any sort of seat, you have my vote! Unfortunately, you have spoken to much common sense and therefore, likely not qualified.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Just saw that somebody thinks NOWAL should have a TDC.
They can have SOWAL's!
COULD NORTH WALTON GET A TDC? | WZEP AM 1460

North Walton County may soon have its own . At Tuesday night’s commission meeting, South Walton TDC members presented to the board their consideration to expand into the north part of the county. ” South Walton certainly benefits greatly from tourism and if North Walton can do a good job marketing themselves and start bringing tourists into the many great things they have in that area, then I think those tourism dollars can also benefit North Walton County,” said Walton County TDC Director of Communications, David Demarest. TDC Executive Director Jay Tusa said from what they have seen at their meeting there is a desire to have a north TDC, or at least a tourist development tax to bring in more money to promote the area.

Last edited by a moderator:

kayti elliott

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Freeport
South Walton has become a playground for the rich when you consider the price of everything. Lots and lots of rich people, but they spend lots of money.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
South Walton has become a playground for the rich when you consider the price of everything. Lots and lots of rich people, but they spend lots of money.
I'm going to disagree. Over the past several years this area has been made into a much more "affordable" destination.

This is done by having no occupancy limits on homes and units and allowing mobs of first time and I'll behaved tourists to use and abuse our area without any oversight.

The "rich" people have all found new travel destinations.

I do agree that things can be expensive here, but with no State Income Tax, we come out ok.