• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
And unfortunately, hello condos. Do you have a link to info or some pictures about those?

Uneelle

Beach Lover
Feb 15, 2015
It was 2003, the first winter we spent in Seacrest on 30A. We had discovered the late, great, lamented Capo's across from Gulf Place and Ed Walline. We loved going there for the cheap beer, garlicky pizza, and especially the great live music. 30A was so much different back then...in the cold winter nights it was mostly deserted. Always seemed like a long, quiet, dark ride to Capo's. But then, out of the looming darkness, as we drive up that slight hill, sitting high on the right loomed Nick's, and we knew we were getting close. I'll miss it too.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Nick's bar has many memories over the years with lots of local friends. And then many birthdays and family meals in the restaurant - in the back room where we had the whole room to ourselves and the staff always treated us so well. I will miss the food and drink, and people.

Iris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 10, 2009
Seacrest
Things really, really changed after 2003. Even better in 1991. Just has gotten too busy with so many cars and the horrible golf carts. Places to eat years ago seemed to care because they had repeat customers. So sad.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Things really, really changed after 2003. Even better in 1991. Just has gotten too busy with so many cars and the horrible golf carts. Places to eat years ago seemed to care because they had repeat customers. So sad.
They paved Paradise and put up a parking lot with a pink hotel, a boutique and a swinging hot spot.
Joni Mitchell

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Actually I have been pleased with the service we receive in the 30A restaurants. I believe they recognize that many people are return visitors. Being older helps? Always miss restaurants when they close. Love 30A restaurants. Beach, dining, restaurants, walking...we run out of time. Ellen