• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Enlighten me. All I know is what I see - hundreds of posts by John G attacking the sheriff. Appears personal. His response falls short.

Why not ask the writer himself rather than assuming? I don't agree with him on allot of stuff he posts about the Sheriff but I never assumed his posts had anything to do with bitterness or personal issues.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Good lord, one can't be critical (based on facts) about an elected official?

I am happy to have WCSO as my local law enforcement. There a many good men and good women working there. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way about Mike Adkinson.

Have you looked into his departments turn over rate?

You'll need to start at the beginning and see how and why he came here to the area as Police Chief in DFS with very little or no law enforcement experience.

His move into sheriff was based on the times and that Ralph Johnson lost favor with the public and BCC.

Mike's donors are some interesting folks and if you do your homework, you'll see he provides them with favors. Most recently with a beach vendor that was arrested.

Do you remember the Pastor that was violently attacked? It took massive public outrage, most of it launched on social media to force him to do his job and arrest. His cousin just so happened to be the defendants attorney.

Mike's command staff has historically consisted of "political favors" bringing in folks that took the drop program in Tally or with other State Agencies and they then get a Captains spot (along with the second retirement) and soon leave to go on to other jobs. Graham Fountain is a great example of this, he was one of two under-sheriff's (along with Bill Chapman). Heck, he brought in the now recently elected Franklin County Sheriff, A.J. Smith, not once, but twice to be the #2 guy... The new Under Sheriff, Jerry Bryan is another Tally reject. Do your research on him. See what you find. Why not promote one of our local officers that have been here for years and years and earned that promotion?

If you think that posting fact based information, calling into question government policies and procedures and expressing personal opinion is "attacking" than I guess I'm an attacker...

Yes, I have an issue with any politician that uses their influence for their own needs, over the needs of the public they serve.

I hope that helps you digest.

Instead of arguing with me about an opinion, why don't you tell me about all the good things Mike has done?

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

Last edited:

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
The only thing John g posts are negative things about county from vendors to local people , who have lived here for generations. My guess is he has lived here less than 10 years, I do agree not everything here is perfect but beats the hell out of living in any big city. I am willing to let john g run the whole county, only thing he has to do is come up with master plan and run for office. As for sheriff adkinson his actions shows he has been the best sheriff since I have lived her.(which dates back to the 80s.you can call out all they bcc people you want but going after him just shows you're character.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Good lord, one can't be critical (based on facts) about an elected official?

I am happy to have WCSO as my local law enforcement. There a many good men and good women working there. Unfortunately, I don't feel that way about Mike Adkinson.

Have you looked into his departments turn over rate?

You'll need to start at the beginning and see how and why he came here to the area as Police Chief in DFS with very little or no law enforcement experience.

His move into sheriff was based on the times and that Ralph Johnson lost favor with the public and BCC.

Mike's donors are some interesting folks and if you do your homework, you'll see he provides them with favors. Most recently with a beach vendor that was arrested.

Do you remember the Pastor that was violently attacked? It took massive public outrage, most of it launched on social media to force him to do his job and arrest. His cousin just so happened to be the defendants attorney.

Mike's command staff has historically consisted of "political favors" bringing in folks that took the drop program in Tally or with other State Agencies and they then get a Captains spot (along with the second retirement) and soon leave to go on to other jobs. Graham Fountain is a great example of this, he was one of two under-sheriff's (along with Bill Chapman). Heck, he brought in the now recently elected Franklin County Sheriff, A.J. Smith, not once, but twice to be the #2 guy... The new Under Sheriff, Jerry Bryan is another Tally reject. Do your research on him. See what you find. Why not promote one of our local officers that have been here for years and years and earned that promotion?

If you think that posting fact based information, calling into question government policies and procedures and expressing personal opinion is "attacking" than I guess I'm an attacker...

Yes, I have an issue with any politician that uses their influence for their own needs, over the needs of the public they serve.

I hope that helps you digest.

Instead of arguing with me about an opinion, why don't you tell me about all the good things Mike has done?

"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize."

I don't know that I would call the person recently arrested for Methamphetamine, MDMA (Ecstacy) a small amount of marijuana and a weapon (the weapon charge was dropped) a beach vendor but more of a charter boat Captain.

Sun Chaser

Beach Lover
Aug 18, 2015
Miramar Beach
The only thing John g posts are negative things about county from vendors to local people , who have lived here for generations. My guess is he has lived here less than 10 years, I do agree not everything here is perfect but beats the hell out of living in any big city. I am willing to let john g run the whole county, only thing he has to do is come up with master plan and run for office. As for sheriff adkinson his actions shows he has been the best sheriff since I have lived her.(which dates back to the 80s.you can call out all they bcc people you want but going after him just shows you're character.

As a long timer, what's your (or anyone's) theory on why traffic enforcement is sparse during the tourist season, yet generally after Labor Day, you see people pulled over on 98, etc. daily.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
It's always been common knowledge local law doesn't want to tick off tourists for ticky tack stuff like dogs on beach or speeding. Probably a good policy.

But locals vote. Just as a deputy who he would recommend for sheriff come next election and be the proud recipient of a newly minted warning.

FHP pulls you over and you'll have to pay.

justhavinfun

Beach Fanatic
Nov 13, 2008
Eastern Lake

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
As a long timer, what's your (or anyone's) theory on why traffic enforcement is sparse during the tourist season, yet generally after Labor Day, you see people pulled over on 98, etc. daily.

To the deputies who might be viewing this, don't read any further. I have lived in Walton County over 22 years. I have been pulled over exactly 1 time in all those years by WCSO. I will be honest also that I have a tendency to drive a little fast. That said I am not sure where folks get that there is an increase in enforcement because when I am down there I very seldom see folks pulled over with blue lights on. Also FHP is a whole other thing. With the bonehead decision to institute quotas, there will probably be some negative fallout in the jobs of traffic enforcement with 1. Fewer tickets written to prove no quota or 2. More cases going to court because they were stroked a ticket to meet the quota. To all the folks who are complaining about the inequities of traffic enforcement, how should we handle this, 1. Create a quota system for each officer depending on assignment or 2. Don't stroke tickets for folks with local plates or 3. Nail every infraction and just stroke the a ticket, oh hell maybe you get 3 or 4 tickets on one stop... yeah yeah that's the ticket. Extra money for local law enforcement.

Last edited:

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Please read the entire document attached...

Attachments

• Interesting Email to State Attorney.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 243