• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I have been doing this close to 30 years and have yet to see a child injured in any fire station and have seen trucks roll out of station going on calls with them visiting. Many departments actually let kids climb on the fire truck and spray water from hoses. Obviously they are supervised it ain't a playground.

Bob you're justifying.

Yes, fire departments do allow children to come to the stations under very controlled situations and they are there for short duration's...not the day! That was not the case with your grandchild!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Well maybe they should talk to the parent and not you. But like many folks they would have someone else carry their water or hide behind their screen names.

BTW....don't they have rules in the stations about visiting hours for family?

The good news is the situation has been resolved.

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
Well bob, I never accused you of it, but knew of the acusation and have been around long enough to have heard it in other discussions. I don't even know where your station is, But as firemen always say, where there is smoke, there is fire! Thanks for clarifing it was a visiting issue. By the they way bob, lots of smoke over the elected officials in this town and the sheiff and BCC in particular. I feel much safer with you always telling us on here its "OK", "there is NO fire in that particular smoke. Move along folks, it's a controlled burn."

Happy Anniversary!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
The reasons you give above seem pretty normal issues for a political position. And lacking enforcement of small things maybe because they are dealing with bigger issues? I wouldn't know about who he hires but it seems as if maybe you lost your job with the county to an outsider?

There has to be something personal with you posting constantly negative about the sheriff. Then again maybe you are just negative about everything and the wcso is your obsession?

Did you read the documents that have been posted? If so, I'm interested in your thoughts...:dunno:

Don't think what is referenced falls into the category of "pretty normal" as you put it...