• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Wait until you see the new Borago on the bay. The bar and dining area are on top floor with views forever of the bay. Dinner is as wonderful as ever. The bar is a popular hangout for many locals. One of the top spots in SoWal, imo, if not the very best, for their food, atmosphere, location and service. I haven't had lunch on the deck yet but will do so this fall.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Tried Goatfeathers again last night. Worst meal I've had in a long time. Terrible.

Wait until you see the new Borago on the bay. The bar and dining area are on top floor with views forever of the bay. Dinner is as wonderful as ever. The bar is a popular hangout for many locals. One of the top spots in SoWal, imo, if not the very best, for their food, atmosphere, location and service. I haven't had lunch on the deck yet but will do so this fall.
Borago's food is very good, but in this new location they draw a redneck element that really can't be ignored. It ruins the place, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
Redneck element how so??
Actually, I went back Saturday and it had a completely different vibe. Not like Grayton, but certainly not redneck. On my last visit it was full of drunk rednecks wearing ball caps and spewing profanity. Hopefully that was an aberration.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Must have been rich Rednecks..not a cheap place...times I've been very nice and
Sophisticated

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Actually, I went back Saturday and it had a completely different vibe. Not like Grayton, but certainly not redneck. On my last visit it was full of drunk rednecks wearing ball caps and spewing profanity. Hopefully that was an aberration.
We do get a lot of visitors from Alabama and Georgia.

:whitetrash:

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Let me guess. They were also drinking Budweiser instead of red wine.
Borago is good, but for their prices, it's not a place many of us go - or if we do, we get a couple of appetizers - ahem, small plates - and share.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
Beer instead of wine? Check.
Baseball cap? Check.
Occasionally drunk? Check.
Occasionally spew profanity? Check.
Guess I'm a redneck! I make it to Borago about once a year. :)