• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

the hat guy

Beach Comber
Nov 5, 2007
I am hosting a rehearsal dinner in May 2018 and looking for some suggestions. Looking for a casual venue that will allow outside caterers in SRB, or perhaps a large beach property, to host 75-120 people.

Additionally, I have heard different requirements for permits to have a beach party with a bon fire? Can anyone direct me to the proper office to do so?

Open to any and all suggestions or ideas.

Thanks,

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
I am hosting a rehearsal dinner in May 2018 and looking for some suggestions. Looking for a casual venue that will allow outside caterers in SRB, or perhaps a large beach property, to host 75-120 people.

Additionally, I have heard different requirements for permits to have a beach party with a bon fire? Can anyone direct me to the proper office to do so?

Open to any and all suggestions or ideas.

Thanks,

Congratulations!

A private house will be problematic because of limited parking for that many people.

South Walton Beach Rules and Safety Information | SoWal.com
Bonfires on the beach: You must get a permit and pay a fee, and of course clean it all up! Call SoWal Fire District at 850-267-1298 to obtain a permit and learn about guidelines for having a bonfire on the beach - http://swfd.org.

South Walton Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) | SoWal.com
Beach weddings in South Walton range from grand affairs arranged by an entire town management team like Alys Beach or Seaside or WatColor to small intimate affairs at public beach accesses. Beach weddings begin with a Florida marriage license and a permit from Walton County. The permit ensures that your spot on the beach is "reserved" for a particular day and time.

Venue on the beach? Check with state parks about weddings on the beach - they are often overlooked.
Borago on the bay or Celebration Hall