• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lady D

SoWal Insider
Jun 21, 2005
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
Concerning hurricanes and the Florida panhandle - Looks like Irma will probably not happen here BUT remember it's not if, it's when.

Unfortunately all of these media outlets keep showing different things each time. Now it's showing all of my state possibly being affected by it when yesterday it was just East Tennessee. And now they are showing just past PC Beach across the entire state possibly affected now. We have our vacation paid for and are still a week away from our trip. They can't predict ahead that far away.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
South Walton Fire District
Hurricane Irma Update 2pm
The 2 pm advisory has the hurricane tracking further west at 14 mph towards SW Florida with maximum 155 mph winds near the eye wall.

Walton County is still outside of the 5-day error cone (cone of uncertainty). No evacuations or protective actions have been issued by Walton County Emergency Management. SWFD will continue to monitor Hurricane Irma and provide you with the most current and accurate Hurricane information possible.

Please follow trusted sources for hurricane information such as:
http://www.facebook.com/WaltonCountyEM
Walton County Sheriff, Michael A. Adkinson, Jr.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/
http://www.floridadisaster.org/index.asp
For Florida interstate information: https://fl511.com/

21430553_10155877334662518_3239087866489803546_n.png

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I'm enjoying the "Summer Breeze" (Seals & Croft) while waiting on the "Stormbringer" (Deep Purple) to issue in the possibility of my "Riding the Storm Out" (REO Speed Wagon), and hopefully not "Rock you like a Hurricane" (Scorpions).

Much better would be hanging out on "Thunder Island" (Jay Ferguson) and making an easy "Escape" sipping a Pina Colada (Rupert Holmes).

:)

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
I have been coming for 21 yrs. Before Alys Beach, Watercolor, Water Sound, and several establishments. I joined this forum when Daddi-0 started after we got evacuated from Hurricane Ivan, just a few days after we got here. It was our first year to get to stay 2 weeks and we were so disappointed. But Kurt's SoWal page gave us a lot of comfort. Smiling Joe posted a lot of pics, as did Kurt, and we just stared at them for days, I have looked for them several times since and can't find them anymore. We stayed at Eastern Shores near the big pink house that had the fake dog on the steps going up to what used to be a basement. When Kurt showed the pic of that dog sitting on the beach unharmed I literally cried. When disaster strikes such small things mean so much. I remember Ms. Kitty, and so many of the originals that I can't recall. now. Kathy D. Wells, I remember and there were some very funny characters there, like the woman that was always trying to get a date and 30AGay(?) We had tittie cakes and anything else you could think of and that sweet couple that owned the restaurant atop a building across from The Red Bar. It was not so long ago, but it meant heaven to us. And we met so many wonderful people at Eastern Shores, one couple from our own home town that we have come down with every fall, for our two weeks. He is a musician and plays at The Old Florida Fish House and The Red Bar occasionally when we are there. Probably should play at the Hub and other places now. Name is Steve Rutledge and the Groove Evolution. Mr. Modica was always there to greet us. There were some great home design businesses in strip malls in Seaside and in Seagrove, and one next door to a florist.
I have been to Boca Rotan, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, San Francisco, Key West and Cabo and this is my favorite place.
I pray God blesses all of you and keeps you safe. Most of you I don't personally know, but I feel that I know your hearts and I care about all of you. Please stay safe and I hope to see you on the 16th.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
As Hurricane Irma's "cone of uncertainty" shifts, locate the closest evacuation route to your home, and make sure... fb.me/1B2Crfwco
@mychelco on twitter

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The 8am advisory from National Hurricane Center showed no shift in the cone of possibility. Right now it is at Cape San Blas. Down south, the hurricane has not yet made the big predicted turn, but it should happen in the next 3 or 4 hours. As is, if the predicted course did move westward, we would possibly feel effects about 2pm on Monday. Keep monitoring this closely, but if we see a westward trend in the next 6-8 hours, we would still have ample time to move westward on Monday out of the range of possible effects.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
I have been coming for 21 yrs. Before Alys Beach, Watercolor, Water Sound, and several establishments. I joined this forum when Daddi-0 started after we got evacuated from Hurricane Ivan, just a few days after we got here. It was our first year to get to stay 2 weeks and we were so disappointed. But Kurt's SoWal page gave us a lot of comfort. Smiling Joe posted a lot of pics, as did Kurt, and we just stared at them for days, I have looked for them several times since and can't find them anymore. We stayed at Eastern Shores near the big pink house that had the fake dog on the steps going up to what used to be a basement. When Kurt showed the pic of that dog sitting on the beach unharmed I literally cried. When disaster strikes such small things mean so much. I remember Ms. Kitty, and so many of the originals that I can't recall. now. Kathy D. Wells, I remember and there were some very funny characters there, like the woman that was always trying to get a date and 30AGay(?) We had tittie cakes and anything else you could think of and that sweet couple that owned the restaurant atop a building across from The Red Bar. It was not so long ago, but it meant heaven to us. And we met so many wonderful people at Eastern Shores, one couple from our own home town that we have come down with every fall, for our two weeks. He is a musician and plays at The Old Florida Fish House and The Red Bar occasionally when we are there. Probably should play at the Hub and other places now. Name is Steve Rutledge and the Groove Evolution. Mr. Modica was always there to greet us. There were some great home design businesses in strip malls in Seaside and in Seagrove, and one next door to a florist.
I have been to Boca Rotan, Miami, Ft Lauderdale, San Francisco, Key West and Cabo and this is my favorite place.
I pray God blesses all of you and keeps you safe. Most of you I don't personally know, but I feel that I know your hearts and I care about all of you. Please stay safe and I hope to see you on the 16th.
Oh yeah - the Seagrove dog - Some old photos in the archive:
SoWal Beaches Photo Archive | SoWal.com