• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

silver_swim

Beach Comber
Aug 5, 2010
Seagrove/Birmingham
Join us Sunday, October 1, 2017 at 4pm. We are riding to bring awareness that the bike/pedestrian trail should be moved to the south side of County Highway 30-A. We will meet up at Tom Thumb in Seagrove and ride to the intersection of 395 and 30-A. Make a sign. All are welcome!

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 56

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I agree with the idea. But what happens when a property would lose essential parking? Or if the bike path would have to basically be on someone's doorstep?

silver_swim

Beach Comber
Aug 5, 2010
Seagrove/Birmingham
I don't believe we have to take any more land, just reconfigure our lanes. East bound lane becomes bike path , West bound lane becomes east bound, east bound lane becomes westbound and we still have room for the north turn lane onto 395.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
I don't believe we have to take any more land, just reconfigure our lanes. East bound lane becomes bike path , West bound lane becomes east bound, east bound lane becomes westbound and we still have room for the north turn lane onto 395.
OH, so you're only talking about at the 395 intersection? There has been a lot of discussion of this issue on this forum.

So you're suggesting the sidewalk in front of Surfing Deer becomes the west bound lane? I think that would mean there wouldn't be room to open the door to enter or exit the restaurant.