• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
FB_IMG_1507299604155.jpg
Fat Clemenzas in Miramar Beach is always a favorite for wood fired pizza by real pizza chefs. The real thing. Everything here is authentic Italian food and prepared fresh and from scratch. See their Facebook page for amazing specials posted daily along with blackboard specials and desserts - I'm a big fan. All prepared by some talented chefs. Award winning restaurant over the years here in South Walton but almost considered Destin. It doesn't matter where it is. You must go. Next door is Mama Clemenzas with Italian and European brunch cuisine that is also delicious and so unique on the Emerald Coast.

FB_IMG_1507299312484.jpg

Last edited:

formosa64

Beach Lover
Apr 18, 2017
Seacrest Beach
Great question! We haven't had this debate in a long time!!!! And yes there are many old pizza places as well as new ones. I'm hearing great things about amici Italian Kitchen at 30Avenue in Inlet Beach - haven't been yet but plan to soon.

Shout out your favorite pizza restaurants in and around town - South Walton including Miramar Beach, Destin, PCB and beyond.

21743314_2063370223973315_7740705970274202412_n.jpg
Amici is good but not great. The pies are very small and not what I would consider great toppings or cheese. Not enough cheese and the pepperoni is big size slices which throws off the flavor to bite ratio. It’s a typical small pizza for $20 which doesn’t really make sense. The slices they serve during the day are almost as big as one pizza.

Angelina’s don’t know what happened there but the pizza has very little cheese and toppings. Last couple of times quite disappointed and won’t be back. $24 for a pepperoni pizza with skimpy cheese.

Forget marcus and most others in pcb except vinnys or nicks ... both can be incredibly greasy but are closer to real pies.

formosa64

Beach Lover
Apr 18, 2017
Seacrest Beach
Amici is good but not great. The pies are very small and not what I would consider great toppings or cheese. Not enough cheese and the pepperoni is big size slices which throws off the flavor to bite ratio. It’s a typical small pizza for $20 which doesn’t really make sense. The slices they serve during the day are almost as big as one pizza.

Angelina’s don’t know what happened there but the pizza has very little cheese and toppings. Last couple of times quite disappointed and won’t be back. $24 for a pepperoni pizza with skimpy cheese.

Forget marcus and most others in pcb except vinnys or nicks ... both can be incredibly greasy but are closer to real pies.

I need to revise my review of Amici's. Their "upside down" pie is quite good. Personally I'd skip the pancetta (bacon) as it overwhelmed the rest of the pie but otherwise it's quite delicious.