• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Ah, so only a few months have passed, this topic went silent and now, an article from the sheriff...and the PIO (Promotion Expert).

Let's all remember the facts. WCSO claims they cannot enforce laws pertaining to traffic in private communities (ie., Watercolor, etc.).

This lead to the banning of "street legal vehicles" in those and other areas. Hurting many small businesses.

In this article, we have a wonderful quote (an excuse); "...his deputies do ticket golf cart drivers on 30A, but if a cart is holding up traffic and a deputy is 20 cars behind the cart, it is impossible to pass the line of cars to get to the cart." Seriously, WTF?

Do we not have another deputy that would be well ahead of this 20+ car slow moving parade that could take action? Maybe my concerns about staffing numbers in SoWal are accurate...:hmm:

I also love the reference to posting photos and Emailing on Social Media as that "does not give us the ability to property conduct a traffic stop and enforce change in a timely manner." Such B.S. Staff the south end based on population and stop with the excuses.:love:

Don't forget to call the Non-Emergency Line to report this. If a 12 year old driving a golf cart on 30a and holding up 20 cars is not a priority call, I'm not sure what is. Wait for the next tourist fire in a mega house and SoWal FD can't get there. We don't get multiple Robbery or Murder Calls daily, do we?

www.nwfdailynews.com/news/20171028/are-golf-carts-allowed-on-30a

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
I also love the reference to posting photos and Emailing on Social Media as that "does not give us the ability to property conduct a traffic stop and enforce change in a timely manner." Such B.S. Staff the south end based on population and stop with the excuses.:love:

I don't think that is B.S., obviously emailing or posting something on social media is not the fastest way to contact the police.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I don't think that is B.S., obviously emailing or posting something on social media is not the fastest way to contact the police.
I agree with you. People need to call. However, simply calling doesn't provoke a response either.

I think the "social media" comment was showing that WCSO acknowledges people are talking on sites other than those that are controlled by WCSO.