• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Did she not replace her road forman when elected in 2014 with a relative of hers? Does this pass the smell test after all the free dirt and asphalt that has been given in the past few months to citizens in her district???

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
lol - we still have unpaved roads in SoWal. And tourism brings how much money here?

Lotta unpaved roads in Cecilia Jones own district too but shes to busy worrying about SoWal she doesn't have time for her own backyard...except to give away free dirt!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I heard that if you are on her special mailing list, you got an invite to her Black Friday event. Lots of free dirt and other items. Gate opens at sunup.

(For those that may not realize, this is Scarcasm based around the upcoming holiday shopping event).

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Are you implying that the revenue from the TDC should be used to pave roads?
What do you think Bob?

TDC has gobbles of cash and I feel it would be better to allow the funds to be spent on enhanced infrastructure and law enforcement / public safety, rather than pi$$ing it away on marketing, beach ambassadors, high paid "code enforcement" that don't do squat.

Just my opinion.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
What do you think Bob?

TDC has gobbles of cash and I feel it would be better to allow the funds to be spent on enhanced infrastructure and law enforcement / public safety, rather than pi$$ing it away on marketing, beach ambassadors, high paid "code enforcement" that don't do squat.

Just my opinion.
My question then would be, is it going to improve the infrastructure to enhance the tourist experience or is it to be used in conjunction with the current taxes already being assessed or just a replacement of the current taxes that are assessed? As for the public safety side, can we quantify the cost of tourism and the public safety assets? I am sure at some point in the future using TDC funds for the above mentioned might be a possibility but under the current state leadership I personally don't see that happening. Speaker Corcoran seems to have made it his goal to limit TDCs ie tax, and if that is the case some would see that as an awesome opportunity, then we would still have tourist but some of the things we currently have would be coming out of the local taxpayers pocket. That is my opinion.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
What we need:

Paved Roads

More Beach Patrol (Law Enforcement)

More Drainage (Better Drainage)

More Parking

The list goes on...

How is this accomplished?

Money $$$, used to buy goods and services.

Who has gobs of money $$$ that is con$i$tently pi$$ away on the aforementioned reasons? The Walton County TDC. :spin:

Do you honestly think the tourists that come here enjoy dirt roads, no parking, flooding and other issues based on the lack of any significant infrastructure? How about traffic enforcement in summer? Why are there never unoccupied WCSO cars in the median of US 98 in the summer, but as soon as tourist time is gone, there are three or four between 393 and the Okaloosa/Walton County line each morning? Do we have more cars than staff? :dunno:

Let TDC $ be used to enhance the area as a whole, because everyone in this county can show how they are personally effected by tourists. Those laborers that live north of the bay must travel to and from work and sit in traffic. Not to mention the accidents each day on 98 that prevent anyone from easily getting past Silver Sands (BTW, why don't they have their own traffic cops to usher in and out guests?). What about the permanent residents that live in subdivision that are now being overtaken by AirBnB or other "rentals"? There are effects felt.

I don't want to give Mike Adkinson any more $$$ that he can conceal its use by not providing budget details to the public, BUT I do want to see more law enforcement presence on the beach to prevent; Glass on Beach, Dogs unleashed on beach, Pot Smokers on beach, Sex on Beach, Urination and Defecation in the dunes (on the beach), etc. Before anyone says that "code enforcement" handles that, B.S. they do not. They are apparently paid to have " citizen contacts" with people and not to enforce rules / regulations. Just look at their 2017 stats on this. They are pathetic. :doh:

If TDC funds are used, they are TRACKABLE and accountability is a must. :hmm:. Perhaps this is the exact reason the funds are not being used in that fashion.:dunno:.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Actually, the reason TDC funds are not used in that fashion is because it is currently illegal under Florida Statute to do so. Trust me on this. :)
Get someone to either change the Statutes and/or get an AG opinion...I have a road that needs paving too.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Actually, the reason TDC funds are not used in that fashion is because it is currently illegal under Florida Statute to do so. Trust me on this. :)
Get someone to either change the Statutes and/or get an AG opinion...I have a road that needs paving too.
You are 100% correct and I appreciate you bringing this up. If I'd done so, it would be challenged, so for you to do so is a good thing.

Now, lets look at the Reason behind Why its currently Illegal... Ask your Elected Officials why this is an issue.

My guess is exactly what I'd refered to in my past post. It has accountability attached to it...:whack: