• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
This should not be so difficult.

You either do "background checks" or you don't.

You do them for all or you do them for none.

To do otherwise could create a discriminatory work place and expose the County to more liability.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
@What Now

In early November, a county employee filed a report against 37-year-old Brian James Walters, according to a press release from the Walton County Sheriff’s Office. The report said Walters told co-workers he had stolen asphalt to use on the driveway at his home. (You're a pretty stupid thief when you brag to coworkers you stole asphalt from the County for your own personal use!)

Documents showed that on two occasions Walters allegedly submitted an official activity log for a Federal Emergency Management Agency rain event. The logs stated three loads of milled asphalt had been picked up from Anderson Columbia and delivered to the Walton County yard on McKinnon Bridge Road, the Sheriff’s Office said.

The county used money from a FEMA grant to pay for those loads, according to the Sheriff’s Office. The price the county paid for each load was $150, the release said.

When Walters knew he was being investigated he asked an Anderson Columbia employee by text message to create a receipt for two loads of asphalt to show investigators he had purchased them.

The logs stated 3 loads but he only asked for a receipt for 2? Where did the 3rd load go?

I guess my other question is how is it that Walters was able to obtain an official activity log?? Aren't there checks and balances or do all drivers carry around official activity logs? It would seem to me if it was official county business the activity log would have came from the Supervisor and the loads would have been checked by someone where it was off loaded on McKinnon Bridge Road.

Well I guess the check and balance question was rhetorical...obviously no one checked...and that's how the County does business!

And folks wonder why the Sheriff is running the majority of the Counties business...its obvious the BCC can't run a simple background check let alone keep track of where FEMA asphalt is going!

That's not to say the County needs to MICROMANAGE county business but they do have an obligation to hire responsible people who will!

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
If Walton County ever needs a sign language interpreter, I've got just their gal...give Derlyn a call HR.

"Derlyn Roberts, 53, - who signed alongside Tampa police officials - has a criminal past. Records show Roberts was released from state prison last year after being convicted in 2012 for organized fraud over $50,000 and fraudulent use of personal information."

www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/her-sign-language-was-gibberish-at-florida-serial-killer-news-conference-it-wasnt-her-first-fraud/ar-BBGiaY8?ocid=spartandhp