• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
gracepoint

Buyer beware. Grace Point real estate agent is intentionally using misleading and false advertising.

All of the interior and exterior pictures advertised as being from Grace Point are all actually homes in Watersound Beach, not Grace Point. They are also posting pictures of the Watersound Beach boardwalk system, suggesting that Grace Point owners have access to same.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
It is common for sellers to show photos of representative homes and interiors. They don't look to be claiming those are interiors of actual homes theyre selling. I don't see a problem there. Also the boardwalk photos are pretty generic and most people wouldn't know or care if they are photos in watersound. But it could also be a boardwalk from watersound beach club to the beach. Whatever the case nothing to call the law about or post on here calling them out.
In addition to offering private beach access through our partnership with St. Joe, we also encourage you to check out the full list of Lifestyle Club memberships we extend to owners, including golf at Camp Creek, Sharks Tooth, Origins, etc.
Grace Point itself provides:
  • Private Beach access via the WaterSound Beach Club

So it seems more like maybe you have some problem with the development or the developer and are making false accusations. Or at least misleading ones.

Want to tell us what your real problem is? Are you a watersound beachclub member that doesn't want people using your access?

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Cannot comment on the interior and exterior photo's, but the boardwalk photo's are clearly of our WSB

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Cannot comment on the interior and exterior photo's, but the boardwalk photo's are clearly of our WSB boardwalk system, and not the Beach Club, which only has one access point, and its not the one shown in the pictures. Not sure why they would use our boardwalks, which are private and lead into WSB off of the beach. Does seem really dishonest though.

As far as Beach Club members, I would think those that paid $30,000 in initiation fees (we are not members), would be more unhappy about the fact that people in the 360 rental program, pay $0 initiation fees if they join by the end of March, as I think the Grace Point owners have to pay for their memberships, but I might be wrong.

Charles Evans

Beach Lover
Oct 31, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
No, I am not a Beach Club Member, and I don’t have a problem with the developer (not sure who it is anymore) or the development.

It’s just whatever happened to truth in advertising? There are two model homes currently built on site, why not use them as the interior and exterior photo’s? And, since they access the beach through the Beach Club, why would they be publishing photo’s of a different community?

Very misleading.

bob bob

Beach Fanatic
Mar 29, 2017
SRB
Not really. I've seen people here posting stock beach pics with mountains. Now that's misleading.

elgordoboy

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2007
I no longer stay in Dune Allen
I’m with Charles on this one. Back when I first moved down 13 or 14 years ago, I went and looked at a few properties listed as “waterfront”. I wasn’t expecting beachfront in the price range I was looking at but one property literally had a 20’ round hole that would fill up after a rain to about 8” deep. There are homes up in Grace Point to use for pictures, are the promoters ashamed of them? And yes it is deceptive to be more than implying that the beach access in the photo is theirs to use if it is not true. It says something about “your lifestyle” well if those aren’t your houses and that’s not your beach how can it be your lifestyle?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Website was probably made before they had anything built. They should get Mooncreek.com to shoot new ones. :cool:

Half of the properties listed in SoWal claimed to be high and dry. True. Until it rains for more than an hour. Most of South Walton is wetlands filled in or drained.