• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Drones are obnoxious and annoying. They are an invasion of privacy, property, and peace.

10 by 10 tents that prevent others from using the 50% of the beach the BCC has allocated to us doesn't? Beach chairs & umbrellas are allot more obnoxious in my opinion than the steady hum of a drone. Used in the public domain (including free air space) wouldn't be a problem for me. Used to spy on or watch someone getting naked or makin whoopie would be a problem for me personally mostly because (trust me)...ya'll don't wanna see me show my a$$. LOL! :D:D:p

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
The article I cited was from the NWFL Daily News which simply said "drones will now be getting some regulation."

Again, I don't understand how they can regulate air space or even where they can take off from or land at, if that is guided by FAA rules.

Seems absolutely ridiculous to me the try and pass an ordinance that would prevent a drone of all things from being launched from the beaches yet allow 10 by 10 tents, gas grills and all those horrible beach chairs and umbrellas.

And maybe someone can tell me why the BCC wants to control all activity on the beaches but have no control when it comes to growth, infrastructure, traffic, the land development codes and comprehensive plan which most often are ignored and over population??

The word OVEReachhhhh still comes to mind.
Next time get to your point on the first post instead of post number 20. I am interested in your info but jeez.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Next time get to your point on the first post instead of post number 20. I am interested in your info but jeez.

Ya know @Jenksy you never have one damn thing positive to say about anything ever posted here.

Go read the freaking post again. I did make the point in my first post.

By the way, you don't answer questions very well either but you are sure quick to point out everyone's else's faults.

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Good find. Thanks. Pretty much backs up what has already been said about it being unenforceable unless they have entered into some sort of agreement with the FAA which would be a stretch IMHO