• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Why are the taxpayers footing the bill for a $600,000 Press box at Helen McCall park with only Cecilia Jones and Tony Anderson banners hanging from the park fence?

When was this BCC approved and why was Cecilia Jones daughter in law allowed to attend the meeting with Preble Rish where the design of this press box was discussed?

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
Why couldn’t any citizen attend the meeting.? I am sure there are people more qualified but again just another day in the Cecilia Jones “ I want control “ life. This is all about trying to get votes south of the bay.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Here is something else to think about....last year the BCC handed over control of Walton County Fire Rescue to the Sheriff because they were incapable of managing it to the dismay of some here who were against it from the onset saying it would ultimately cost more money to those who could least afford it. No argument that that isn't true because I believe it probably will in the long run. Later, after the transition had taken place the Sheriff sent his spokesperson back to the BCC asking for money that had already been allocated to WCFR in order to purchase much needed safety equipment and restore some semblance of order where previously there had been only chaos. You would have thought they were asking for a kings ransom and the kings head with Chapman raking them across the coals for money that had already been allocated to them, followed by remarks about budget cuts and no money.

Suddenly...we are less than 30 days into the new year and $600 thousand dollars for a press box? Seriously?

I hope you folks from WCFR who have pumped C. Jones and T. Anderson up as freakin heros for saving your backsides from the conditions you were living in and the equipment you lacked with the transition of power to the Sheriff remember this. Your lives mean nothing to Cecilia Jones if it prevents her from getting something she wants. If you're the sacrificial lamb so be it.

Last edited:

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
The total cost is 1million 600 thousand. Of that 600,000 is press box and concessions. In my opinion this is over the top. Glad this is where Cecili Jones Grand children play? Guess that is why her daughter in law was able to attend the meeting.

Poppaj

SoWal Insider
Oct 9, 2015
That money could have gone for repairs to the years long problem of a crumbling seawall at Legion Park in Miramar Beach. Oh wait, Legion Park is no longer on the county website under the parks or boat ramp listings. WTF?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I received the following email from Bob Hudson just a few moments ago...

"Well it looks like the building did cost 600,000+ but it includes restrooms, storage rooms for football, soccer and baseball and the concession stand. It also includes the press box and a multi-use room. That being said that's about $2,000.00 dollars per square foot which is absurd.

They are getting me the plans.

I was given bad information and was wrong in my earlier statements based on the presentation made by Buddy Wright on December 19th at the BCC when the expenditure was challenged by Melanie Nipper."

coondog

Beach Lover
Apr 27, 2009
Why are the taxpayers footing the bill for a $600,000 Press box at Helen McCall park with only Cecilia Jones and Tony Anderson banners hanging from the park fence?

When was this BCC approved and why was Cecilia Jones daughter in law allowed to attend the meeting with Preble Rish where the design of this press box was discussed?
Shouldn’t Danny be allowed to hang a sign here as well if Jones is allowed to hang one for political purposes?

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs

Isn't this being paid for with plat fee monies and not tax payer dollars?