• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
It includes $303,000 of Plat fees collected in year beginning 10/1/2017 thru 12/31/2017 which is the first 3 months of the current fiscal year. Your assessment is WRONG.

Recreation Plat fees don’t belong to any Commissioner. They are collected for the residents of the area they represent. The commissioner in must secure the approval of the full board to expend them.

The report does include any unexpended funds left from a prior Commissioner.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Matt made the point elsewhere and I'll repost it here what I was trying to get at... "where the outrage is since this money comes from Recreational Plat fees. This isn't coming from the county general fund, it's coming from funds set aside specifically for parks and recreation".

It explains for me personally allot about why Cecilia Jones has her head so far up Tony's backside she can smell breakfast and why "other" Commissioners kiss his, hoping he will throw them a morsel. Sure explains how he made Co-Chair as a NO NOTHING first year Commissioner. There is NO growth in Nowal.

Last edited:

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Ashley took the higher ground and explained what she knew. She even provided documents. I don't know her at all and have no children in these programs, but it sounds like she devotes a lot of time to young people in this County. Seems unfair to attack her for who she may know or who she is related to.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Ashley took the higher ground and explained what she knew. She even provided documents. I don't know her at all and have no children in these programs, but it sounds like she devotes a lot of time to young people in this County. Seems unfair to attack her for who she may know or who she is related to.
No one has attacked her. Only discussing the issue. Seems to be pretty civil.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida

How many others get their concessions cleaned by the county because Cecilia Jones directed them to do it? Answer, NONE, not to mention all the other issues @Suzanne Harris pointed out in previous posts. When you are granted special privileges because of who you're related to it is fair to point out that it's not being done anywhere else.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Image credit Mark Douglass Art - Mark's Funky Art

27072583_1926370050720346_168373073906281529_n.jpg

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
C. Jones can't find a way to help in her own damn district but can even have concessions cleaned for Sowal?

Just wow! And people think my priorities are skewed. Might wanna rethink that caricature @CartoonMark, For shame!

It makes some Sowal folks look like entitled spoiled brats.

CartoonMark

Beach Lover
Apr 11, 2012
C. Jones can't find a way to help in her own damn district but can even have concessions cleaned for Sowal?

Just wow! And people think my priorities are skewed. Might wanna rethink that caricature @CartoonMark, For shame!

It makes some Sowal folks look like entitled spoiled brats.
Not a caricature.... it's a group of cartoon animals..... no shame......no indictment of SoWal folks...... merely an observation ......not everybody sees the world as you do.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
Not a caricature.... it's a group of cartoon animals..... no shame......no indictment of SoWal folks...... merely an observation ......not everybody sees the world as you do.
I think you have the captured the essence of the conversation.

einnadica

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2017
NW Florida
I am stunned by this conversation, may be just my ignorance of how government actually works but what jumps out to me is what’s missing in this post. If all commishes must vote or approve for a district commissioner to spend the fees on behalf of the people in the district he or she represents, on what do those commishes (and the district commish) base their decision? Anecdotal evidence? Has the Parks director or stand-low stan actually collected information in the form of a comprehensive report of the “state of the parks” that includes for EACH park at least some if not all of this info: size, frequency and numbers of people using vs #s of residents intended to serve, amenities, condition, last major and minor overhaul, % of the total parks in the district each park represents, value of park and depreciation of equipment, cost of maintaining including numbers of employees and extrapolated wages, photos (or maybe commishes should tour all facilities as a group), any safety issues, costs to insure, plus, plus, plus, and then do an analysis? If such a report is available, great. If not, it may be very beneficial on a number of fronts.

My daddy told me the day would come when I would sound like him so I need to let him know that day is here. Walton north and south wants to play and recreate. If there is a shortage of “fair” funds why doesn’t the entire Walton community take this as an opportunity to provide a service to their community (themselves) and to teach their children about business and work ethic? Cannot County funds be stretched by citizens, including kids, doing fundraisers, private business doing challenges or branding, private individuals offering something of significant value to be raffled (if legal), public info office beginning a campaign to get folks interested … maybe the community working alongside with government in creating or upgrading not only place to play and recreate but also developing a community spirit and respect for hard work along with a sense of achievement at what they can offer. Daddy, hope at least you agree.