• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
Looks like WCSO caught two Texas Tourist Kids breaking into cars this week.

Texas is in town and might be vying for top spot.

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
Has the list of dates for spring breaks been posted? We are going to head north to sit this one out completely.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
The first week in April is when Fulton County schools will be here. I have heard that week is Spring Break to many schools with a bad reputation here, but I cannot remember them. It is also Easter on April 1st, so there’s going to be a bunch of people here that week.

beach angel

Beach Comber
Mar 2, 2009
The first week in April is when Fulton County schools will be here. I have heard that week is Spring Break to many schools with a bad reputation here, but I cannot remember them. It is also Easter on April 1st, so there’s going to be a bunch of people here that week.
thanks! usually sowal posts a full list of all the schools' spring break schedules that impact our area. the list includes tennessee schools, kentucky, texas, etc., even cincinnati. i haven't seen the full list posted for this year.

ThirtyAGal

Beach Lover
Jan 11, 2007
Tennessee
Sounds like a riot in the beginning stages.

There is and has been a new breed of tourist that comes here. The old ones everyone loved have moved on to areas that don't allow the nonsense that is prevalent here.

Please don't include all of us into one ignorant, uncaring group. I discovered this place 21 yrs. ago and look forward to visiting for two weeks every fall. I pick up litter on the beach, never leave anything behind, have spent a LOT of money in shops and restaurants. I have brought 5 couples down here who have done the same. I suppose the price you pay for paradise is your tourism business, that supports the majority of you for the remainder of the year . You are lucky enough to live there. If you do not want tourists, keep up your attitude! Some of the comments on this web site want me to take my business elsewhere. A lot of you seem to think you are better than those of us who live elsewhere. There are a lot of wonderful towns in Florida where people are still welcome, Key West being one of them. I live within 30 mins. of The Great Smoky Mtns. Natl. Park. I love it here, but we enjoy a change of scene. Wonder how you would feel if we badmouthed all the people who live in Florida and don't welcome them to visit here? I assure you that I am not white trash, and I have a much nicer home than a lot of people in your community do.

happy2Bme

Beach Fanatic
Sep 24, 2007
Sowal
Please don't include all of us into one ignorant, uncaring group. I discovered this place 21 yrs. ago and look forward to visiting for two weeks every fall. I pick up litter on the beach, never leave anything behind, have spent a LOT of money in shops and restaurants. I have brought 5 couples down here who have done the same. I suppose the price you pay for paradise is your tourism business, that supports the majority of you for the remainder of the year . You are lucky enough to live there. If you do not want tourists, keep up your attitude! Some of the comments on this web site want me to take my business elsewhere. A lot of you seem to think you are better than those of us who live elsewhere. There are a lot of wonderful towns in Florida where people are still welcome, Key West being one of them. I live within 30 mins. of The Great Smoky Mtns. Natl. Park. I love it here, but we enjoy a change of scene. Wonder how you would feel if we badmouthed all the people who live in Florida and don't welcome them to visit here? I assure you that I am not white trash, and I have a much nicer home than a lot of people in your community do.

You are right....in most tourist-driven locations (not just FL), the “locals” (aka those who were tourists but moved in, and claimed their piece of Paradise), want to shut out others’ enjoyment of the area. Snobbery abounds where money abounds. It is truly the few tourists who cause trouble or trash said Paradise who drive the “locals” to generalize. It is the ignorant of those “locals” (with $ or without) who make stupid generalizations. Those of us who are lucky enough to live here (and have been tourists ourselves) appreciate your visits, your helping our evonomy, and your appreciation for the beauty we enjoy year-round. Don’t let the ignorant few drive you away....the majority of us welcome you.