• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

formosa64

Beach Lover
Apr 18, 2017
Seacrest Beach

So we all will fight, spend millions of dollars in attorney fees again. Who will be the "defendant" protecting private property owners when Walton County takes this sweeping ordinance before a judge? Or will the judge simply say "ok sounds good for all the beaches" after he sees that high school power point presentation?

HB-631 was aligned with Reynolds in that customary had to be determined on a per parcel basis. It's only right and fair.

This was a huge mistake in changing SB-804 to not require due process for the property owner.

Senator Gainer and Rep. Drake really killed this bill.

Last edited:

formosa64

Beach Lover
Apr 18, 2017
Seacrest Beach
"The bill would have left Walton County potentially being forced to file a lawsuit against every beachfront property owner along 26 miles of coastline, and prove its case for customary use access to their property, according to Holly Parker of the Surfrider Foundation, based in Tallahassee."

Well duh - that's what the JUDGE in Reynolds said was a REQUIREMENT to prove Customary use - it has to be on a per parcel basis!

Isn't that what its should take a county to provide public use of private property? Each owner have his/her day in court?

Unreal, simply unreal. I loath Walton County commissioners and Larry Jones. And that Dave Raushkolb - what a hypocrite - he got all his money from Bud and Alleys ON A PRIVATE BEACH in Seaside. He got all that business because people came to be on a private community beach - that's how Seaside built it's name and one of the huge attraction from Atlanta and all over the nation, it was an "exclusive community". Now he's lecturing all of us that we don't need the same privileges he benefited $$$ from. Yet - he writes articles how there should be noise control that doesn't bother him on his property. What a hypocrite and what a bunch of CROOKS.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
Here ya go formosa64, I looked it up for you now you can make the call.
Contact Us

No need contacting those Fox guys. I texted Comey, McCabe, Mueller, the WaPo, the NYT and the DNC that Russians were seen meeting with Cecilia and Tony in the hallway in the Annex at the break at the last BCC there. Adam Schiff is probably releasing a statement on it about now.

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
Jul 25, 2008
No need contacting those Fox guys. I texted Comey, McCabe, Mueller, the WaPo, the NYT and the DNC that Russians were seen meeting with Cecilia and Tony in the hallway in the Annex at the break at the last BCC there. Adam Schiff is probably releasing a statement on it about now.
Well there ya go.

formosa64

Beach Lover
Apr 18, 2017
Seacrest Beach

No fan of anyone you mentioned - LOL. Well to be clear, I only mentioned Hannity in that he was the ONE who exposed the PCB Spring Break fiasco at a national level. It got a lot of attention and it yielded results.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Does anyone have any facts about this "typical" gun threatening beach front owner rumor BCC Anderson and C. Jones are spreading to the news? I haven't seen any evidence anywhere this occurred like Anderson and Jones describes.
Wonder why Anderson and C. Jones do not bring up the public's behavior on the beach?

Bills would require Florida courts decide whether private beaches be open to public

Walton County Commissioner Cecilia Jones said the [customary beach] ordinance was necessary when fences and signs began dominating the beach.

“The reason it got to this point is a lady with small children sat on the beach and a homeowner went out there to tell her to move,” she said. “She refused. He went and got a gun and said, ‘You better move now.’

Tony Anderson also lobbied the FL legislator with this similar rumor about a beach front owner threatening a women and a 4 year old child, according to Anderson, as Walton BCC justification to declare custom on all Walton private beach front property.

Customary Use elements DO include ancient, reasonable, without interruption, and free from dispute that has to be proven by the Plaintiff. Customary Use elements DO NOT include fences and signs, beach owner or public behavior, Walton economics, or popularity votes.

Suggestion. Merge this thread with Customary Use Will Happen On Sowal Beaches