• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Does anyone have any facts about this "typical" gun threatening beach front owner rumor BCC Anderson and C. Jones are spreading to the news? I haven't seen any evidence anywhere this occurred like Anderson and Jones describes.
Wonder why Anderson and C. Jones do not bring up the public's behavior on the beach?

Bills would require Florida courts decide whether private beaches be open to public

Walton County Commissioner Cecilia Jones said the [customary beach] ordinance was necessary when fences and signs began dominating the beach.

“The reason it got to this point is a lady with small children sat on the beach and a homeowner went out there to tell her to move,” she said. “She refused. He went and got a gun and said, ‘You better move now.’

Tony Anderson also lobbied the FL legislator with this similar rumor about a beach front owner threatening a women and a 4 year old child, according to Anderson, as Walton BCC justification to declare custom on all Walton private beach front property.

Customary Use elements DO include ancient, reasonable, without interruption, and free from dispute that has to be proven by the Plaintiff. Customary Use elements DO NOT include fences and signs, beach owner or public behavior, Walton economics, or popularity votes.

Suggestion. Merge this thread with Customary Use Will Happen On Sowal Beaches

I have wondered that, too. I have to believe that such an incident would have made the local papers and yet the only gun toting beach goer I could find an article about was the tourist who threatened one of our "Leave No Trace" TDC employees. I wouldn't swear to this, but I believe that I heard from the Sheriff, himself, that the beachfront owner with a gun was a rumor that took on a life of its own.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
I have wondered that, too. I have to believe that such an incident would have made the local papers and yet the only gun toting beach goer I could find an article about was the tourist who threatened one of our "Leave No Trace" TDC employees. I wouldn't swear to this, but I believe that I heard from the Sheriff, himself, that the beachfront owner with a gun was a rumor that took on a life of its own.
Strange that this ‘incident’ is being brought up now, for the first time? I would assume it could be found in their evidence for Customary Use, since this seems to be the springboard.

Crutch

Beach Crab
Jul 8, 2012
local
Strange that this ‘incident’ is being brought up now, for the first time? I would assume it could be found in their evidence for Customary Use, since this seems to be the springboard.
I wonder as well where this came from. I thought the only one that used a firearm to threaten anyone was county administration.
Dr.Meade

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I wonder as well where this came from. I thought the only one that used a firearm to threaten anyone was county administration.
Dr.Meade

Actually C. Jones husband does it whenever he takes a notion...thankfully he is NOT administration.