• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

OnMackBayou

Beach Lover
May 15, 2005
Mack Bayou, Sandestin
Bistro Bijoux
Seagar's
Poppy's
Marlin Grill
Acme
Jim 'N Nick's

In that order, in my humble opinion, having eaten at all of the above many times. There are lots of casual places too, as mentioned in other posts. Another place if you like Chicago style hot dogs- Tom's at Baytowne Wharf.

audie

fartblossom
May 15, 2005
OnMackBayou said:
Bistro Bijoux
Seagar's
Poppy's
Marlin Grill
Acme
Jim 'N Nick's

In that order, in my humble opinion, having eaten at all of the above many times. There are lots of casual places too, as mentioned in other posts. Another place if you like Chicago style hot dogs- Tom's at Baytowne Wharf.

question about seagars - do you have to dress up to eat there, or are nice shorts and a button up shirt ok? i have always wanted to eat there, but the hubby thinks it may be too fancy for us. we refuse to dress up on vacation since he has to wear a tie to work every day.

Franny

Beach Fanatic
Mar 27, 2005
Pt. Washington
audie said:
question about seagars - do you have to dress up to eat there, or are nice shorts and a button up shirt ok? i have always wanted to eat there, but the hubby thinks it may be too fancy for us. we refuse to dress up on vacation since he has to wear a tie to work every day.
I don't believe a tie is required but I don't believe they allow shorts either.

Tatertot

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2006
thanks for all the suggestions everyone! We've spent a lot of time at Baytowne and we trying to think of new options. You've all been a great help!

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Tatertot said:
thanks for all the suggestions everyone! We've spent a lot of time at Baytowne and we trying to think of new options. You've all been a great help!
OK - so I would propose you try our area - here are some of my favorites:

Basmati's - asian fare and great service
Borago - italian -everything is delicious and everyone is nice
Amore - casual dining on outside terrace - v good pizza and salad

Tatertot

Beach Lover
Jan 17, 2006
We ate at Borago's last weekend, and it was great. the other two I've never heard of. Where are they located?

Scooter

Beach Fanatic
Mar 3, 2005
Atlanta, GA; New Orleans, LA
Louisiana Lagniappe. No one ever mentions it. My hubby and I think it's one of the best in Destin. Not too fancy. It's been there for about 25 yrs. Best fish dishes. Good oysters rockefellar. It's west of Sandestin in the Sandpiper Cove community on the marina. Dress code is casual. Love Acme also, but only for it's raw oysters and po-boys. Otherwise, the food is mediocre. 2 days and counting. :clap_1:

Santiago

Beach Fanatic
May 29, 2005
seagrove beach
Franny said:
I don't believe a tie is required but I don't believe they allow shorts either.
I've eaten there in shorts. I wouldn't go if not allowed to wear shorts. But then again, I look pretty good in shorts. Just kidding about the last part.