• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I know this will go over like a concrete balloon, but it seems regrettably necessary to vacate that access. It’s simply nuts to have tourists trying to walk to that spot, with all the chit going on.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
I'm sure in the 15 pages of comments in this thread that someone has mentioned it, but I'm not ready through years/pages of comments......Why can they not make a pedestrian "bridge" over the road or under the road as they are doing at 30A and 98 on the east end? As narrow as the road is right there a pedestrian bridge over the road would seem to be a smaller, less costly option. Get the peds & bikes OFF the road at the intersection. But what do I know?

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
That has been my notion too. A pedestrian bridge could be designed to be quite graceful and beautiful. Like a gateway to 30-A.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
My concept would have the roadways lowered a few feet to mitigate the incline.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
The roadways would simply dip a little as they approached the intersection. The pedestrian bridge would only need to be half as high.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
Not a bad idea. Bicyclers much shorter than 18 wheelers. I don't much like tunnels, but if it was more similar to an overpass, it could have plenty of natural light.

Last edited: