• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
First, two weeks is too much. This week is so crowded on the beach. We'll go back to one week in May next year - this past week. (We were here in Feb. Returning in Aug - before school with family first - and Sept.)
Traffic light installed and working at 395 and 30A yesterday.
Gates being installed at Seaside pavillions. Odessa was first, Tupelo this week.
Of course, enjoying our food as always. Last night, stopped at Grayton Beer Brewpub. Is there a nicer bartender than Daniel?
Arriving in Feb. and this past week - no where to park in Seaside as we awaited time to pull up 'legally' in front of 'our' house. We found the last spot in Feb. so we could walk around (and have lunch at Bud & Alleys) but this time, after lunch at the Vue. Nothing. Not at the public beach parking at Watercolor. Nada. So, plan B, we drove to the breweries and 'killed' our time there, getting a growler filled at Grayton. Last visit, we preferred Idyllhound IPA, this time, Grayton, but both good.
Forecast was for mucho rain the whole two weeks. WRONG WRONG WRONG Oh my goodness was that wrong. And I'm not talking about 10% 20%. These were big 60% 80% numbers.
So, we still love coming here. We try to stay put in Seaside but are occassionally drawn to eat somewhere else. Finally back to the Red Bar (Dread Clampitt) and to Stinkys. Have eaten at both of course but with so many choices....
The beach crowdedness - is that a word? - could have been worse. Seemed to be all nice people. The dozen who came from Seagrove - played football and some music. The families with 7 boys. Whew! The family of 12 were really mellow. No trash left by anyone, I don't think. These people just dug bunkers.....
So, we will be back. Had to give up our morning bike rides so we could have 'quiet' time at the beach in the morning then let all the others take over.
Ellen

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Very sad to hear about gates in Seaside. Each street in Seaside has an association and owns their walkover. Seems like a bad model. Then again if I owned on a street and there were impromptu weddings and photo shoots taking over my pavilion I'd be upset.

There was some talk before about a 30a bypass around watercolor and seaside. I'm sure a lot of owners would like to gate the whole thing.

Our weather is now more like Miami than SoWal. It's been changing for the last several years but this year we are about a month ahead of schedule on the pattern.

raven316

Beach Lover
Nov 12, 2007
Athens, GA
First, two weeks is too much. This week is so crowded on the beach. We'll go back to one week in May next year - this past week. (We were here in Feb. Returning in Aug - before school with family first - and Sept.)
Traffic light installed and working at 395 and 30A yesterday.
Gates being installed at Seaside pavillions. Odessa was first, Tupelo this week.
Of course, enjoying our food as always. Last night, stopped at Grayton Beer Brewpub. Is there a nicer bartender than Daniel?
Arriving in Feb. and this past week - no where to park in Seaside as we awaited time to pull up 'legally' in front of 'our' house. We found the last spot in Feb. so we could walk around (and have lunch at Bud & Alleys) but this time, after lunch at the Vue. Nothing. Not at the public beach parking at Watercolor. Nada. So, plan B, we drove to the breweries and 'killed' our time there, getting a growler filled at Grayton. Last visit, we preferred Idyllhound IPA, this time, Grayton, but both good.
Forecast was for mucho rain the whole two weeks. WRONG WRONG WRONG Oh my goodness was that wrong. And I'm not talking about 10% 20%. These were big 60% 80% numbers.
So, we still love coming here. We try to stay put in Seaside but are occassionally drawn to eat somewhere else. Finally back to the Red Bar (Dread Clampitt) and to Stinkys. Have eaten at both of course but with so many choices....
The beach crowdedness - is that a word? - could have been worse. Seemed to be all nice people. The dozen who came from Seagrove - played football and some music. The families with 7 boys. Whew! The family of 12 were really mellow. No trash left by anyone, I don't think. These people just dug bunkers.....
So, we will be back. Had to give up our morning bike rides so we could have 'quiet' time at the beach in the morning then let all the others take over.
Ellen
What about the flies?

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Haven't seen the new light yet - hate to say it but one is needed in Grayton and at Gulf Place. ANd a couple more on 98.
We should move the stupid ones in Rosemary that were never needed and still aren't. Pretty sure the developer just wanted people to stop so they'd see their town when it was just a blip so they probably paid for them.

UofL

Beach Fanatic
Jan 21, 2005
Louisville KY
Back home. Wonderful time. Our personal good fortune - missing the double red flags but worse - possibility for damaging water and winds? Hope not!!!!
We saw NO YELLOW FLIES.
We did hear that Shrimp Shack was moving to the pizza restaurant area and that the Bud remodeling will start this September. Don't know if anything we hear is true but it's part of the fun of being a visitor.
Trying to keep the shuttles straight. I guess you call to get the Whiskey Bravo pickup? Chiringo, you park at Grayton across from 30A on the right? Red Bar at Grayton Corners for dinner? Shuttle for Seaside employees only at the Grayton parking area? And taxi (golf cart) service from Seaside? About $6 a person per ride. Will go to Grayton.
We'll see you in August. Booked our May 2019 already - but only one week AND not Memorial week.