• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Even worse IMO are the seafood restaurants on 30A who serve garbage frozen fries. See Whiskey Bravo, Grayton Seafood, Stinky's, Local Catch, Great Southern Cafe to name some that come to mind immediately. I simply won't patronize them, period. Deal breaker.

I completely understand. But some of these places have listened to their locals and at least serve good frozen fries instead of the horrid coated ones. Also most of these you list serve some outstanding sides that you can't get anywhere else and I've come to appreciate these sides very much. There are a few popular places that continue to serve those crappy coated fries... Places that need good fries to go with their menus. They aren't listed in your post. I will leave it at that. Because they are excellent businesses and I love them anyway. I am a terrible french fry snob and don't visit them often but can still appreciate their work.

Local Catch now serves good ones and they have some of the best sides anywhere in town! Stinky's also has great fries! Of course we all have our preferences. Great Southern has whole fried baby okra and that's all I truly need when I go there.

tide12

Beach Lover
May 9, 2006
STINKY'S has wised up, it appears, and no longer serves the coated garbage fries. Kudos to them, and I'll put them back on my "acceptable" list of places to eat.

Jenksy

Beach Fanatic
Oct 25, 2012
Photos in first post look good.

Of course I stil can't believe McDonald's hasn't been jailed for the gorgeous food in their commercials compared to what you actually get. I guess we are all simply suckers.