• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

einnadica

Beach Lover
Nov 25, 2017
NW Florida
I was told about the connection to BP Oil money just today and I have someone I'm going to get to look into that. If my understanding is correct Ella Mae was Vice president on an Indian Tribe Board out of Bruce. I've been told the tribe stands to benefit to the tune $700,000 in BP oil money and that since her arrest all the board members names have been removed including hers. The "allegations" I'm hearing is that she stands to benefit directly from those funds which as a county employee it may be illegal to do. I'm semi confident that the Horizon Board that has been put in place to oversee those funds will do a through job of weeding out those who applied and which do not serve a public purpose.

I am impressed again thanks for going deeper

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
UPDATE:

The State Attorney's office has deferred prosecution on Ella Mae Walters even though she filed 3 BOGUS claims on her dental insurance policy for someone she had listed on her insurance policy who was NOT legally a dependent, false and fraudulent insurance claims and falsifying records! Ms. Walters has to meet certain conditions over a 12 month period. Ms. Walters was the Human Resource Director for Walton County until she was fired in Dec. 2017

That's one way to ensure she doesn't sing like a canary.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
UPDATE:

The State Attorney's office has deferred prosecution on Ella Mae Walters even though she filed 3 BOGUS claims on her dental insurance policy for someone she had listed on her insurance policy who was NOT legally a dependent, false and fraudulent insurance claims and falsifying records! Ms. Walters has to meet certain conditions over a 12 month period. Ms. Walters was the Human Resource Director for Walton County until she was fired in Dec. 2017

That's one way to ensure she doesn't sing like a canary.

Not everything is a conspiracy. Maybe in your mind everything has to be a conspiracy or you wouldn't get to talk much.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Not everything is a conspiracy. Maybe in your mind everything has to be a conspiracy or you wouldn't get to talk much.

I never indicated a conspiracy but I also never indicated I thought she would ever be prosecuted. I expected this outcome so, I'm certainly not disappointed.

BeachArkie

Beach Lover
Jun 27, 2008
Seagrove
Did they give a reason for not prosecuting her?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Did they give a reason for not prosecuting her?

The article says Bill Eddins signed an agreement not to prosecute Ella Mae Walters on insurance fraud charges based on Walters meeting a list of conditions over a 12 month period.

The conditions were as follows:

The defendant having no violations during the 12 months following the date of the agreement.

The defendant waving her right to speedy trial.

The defendant agreeing to pay $875.00 in fines plus prosecution.

25 hours of Community Service or making a payment at statutory rate in lieu of that service and her agreement to testify if so called upon consistent with "any proffers given".