• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
Of course tourism flourished before the CU ordinance and that was also before all of the private property signs, rope fences, and a-holes like Mr. Vizcaya. You cant tell me that having less beach for tourist to spread out isn't going to affect the tourist numbers....which I will assume is really what you want. I agree the lack of roads is a huge factor, which is what this whole thread is about (a connector road to help 30a traffic). The tourist come down for the beaches and not the roads. They dont come down for restaurants or shopping. ATL, NOLA, and Nashville have that in spades. They come for one reason only and that is the beaches.

My whole point about limiting the quantity of tourism is how? Who gets to make that call? Isn't South Walton in the free county of America? Maybe we should just put a gate on the 331 bridge and you can let in whoever you feel is worthy. You might have made your money already but for a massive amount of Walton residents tourism is their livelihood.

The truth is that 2 new commissioners won't solve any problems. If anything it will create more problems because these 2 new candidates are anti-building. If the county votes no on a project that follows all county, state, and federal building laws/codes the county will be sued for denying it. Again Ill come back to my "disingenuous" point that the code/comp plan needs to be changed. Nobody likes these monster houses that sleep 30 but if the code allows it then legally it cant be denied. Can we at least agree on that?

I don't know who you are and, as far as I know, we have never met. But, I assume you are talking about me and Mr. Glidewell when you state; "these two new candidates are anti-building". However, I ask that you please refrain from making false statements about me. I have never stated that I am against building and I don't think I have ever heard Mr. Glidewell make that statement. For what it's worth, we are in complete agreement on the monster houses.

fletch7245

Beach Lover
Jun 19, 2012
I don't know who you are(pun intended) and don't know who/where you get your information, but it is wrong in saying I am anti-building. I am pro-sustainable development. I vote for projects that meet the code. I vote against projects that use variances to increase density or harm the public. Increases in density are not entitlements nor are variances. But I am certainly in favor of economic growth.

Danny, I did not see your post before I made my reply. I wasn't trying to speak for you, but I sure never heard you say you were anti-building. The campaign deception and false statements are just getting warmed up!

Dawn

Beach Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
Don't worry, anti-building as a term makes no sense. We can't all live outdoors. Trolls live under bridges though.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
Don't worry, anti-building as a term makes no sense. We can't all live outdoors. Trolls live under bridges though.
That's funny I don't care who you are. If I had tons of developer cash like my opponent I would try to hire you to write for me. Interested in volunteering? Thanks for your post.

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs
I don't know who you are and, as far as I know, we have never met. But, I assume you are talking about me and Mr. Glidewell when you state; "these two new candidates are anti-building". However, I ask that you please refrain from making false statements about me. I have never stated that I am against building and I don't think I have ever heard Mr. Glidewell make that statement. For what it's worth, we are in complete agreement on the monster houses.

I don't believe Ive ever heard either one of you state it one way or the other but I do know who is backing you and she is definitely anti-building so I just put 2 and 2 together. Its the same women who back Nipper and has Nipper voted yes on any projects outside her own personal project?

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs

Haha thats a pretty good one but unfortunately you missed my point in order to make your joke. I guess if I were a troll Id live under the new 4 lane bridge that was built to accommodate the tourist who feed our economy.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't believe Ive ever heard either one of you state it one way or the other but I do know who is backing you and she is definitely anti-building so I just put 2 and 2 together. Its the same women who back Nipper and has Nipper voted yes on any projects outside her own personal project?
I don't know how to put it any plainer; I am pro economic growth and pro sustainable development. I have a record on the planning commission to back that up. I am against variances that stress our infrastructure, create future problems and increase density for no other reason than to make a few dollars more for a project. In other words, I am pro citizens and anti special interests. Since my opponent is the exact opposite, people have a clear choice.