• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Wuchie

Beach Lover
Apr 10, 2012
We are wondering if it is less crowded on 30A in late September and early October?

StepfordWife

Beach Comber
Sep 14, 2012
It is much, much less busy. I always go in fall. Last week of Sept is still a bit too hot for me so prefer end of October or even November. There is a bump in activity over fall break, which for southern schools seems to usually be around the week Columbus Day occurs, which is Oct 8th this year. It’s busier but not anything like spring break or summer. Huge drop off in hurricane risk past Nov 1, although they can still occur. Also, the weather is awesome during the fall. Years ago when I first started coming to 30A, I asked locals what they thought was the best time of year, and they all said fall.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Fall is busy! It's festival and event season here like many other places. Because of nice weather and to create a shoulder season for tourism. Plus homeowners weekends and fall breaks for schools.

So while we do have plenty of visitors through Thanksgiving holiday week, it's only certain weekends with crowds. But nothing like summer.

Love fall here in SoWal. Still warm through December but nice temps.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
We’ve got a vacation home down here. We noticed this week has been the worst we’ve ever seen in terms of crowds at restaurants at all times of the day! We love coming in Oct, walk in anywhere and immediately eat. It’s truly wonderful!

Sweet Pot Pie

Beach Comber
Aug 26, 2013
We are thinking about spending Thanksgiving here. Thoughts?

On another note, we drove to Destin yesterday. Never again....

Fall is busy! It's festival and event season here like many other places. Because of nice weather and to create a shoulder season for tourism. Plus homeowners weekends and fall breaks for schools.

So while we do have plenty of visitors through Thanksgiving holiday week, it's only certain weekends with crowds. But nothing like summer.

Love fall here in SoWal. Still warm through December but nice temps.

Everytime

Beach Fanatic
Jul 9, 2005
Shelby County, Alabama
The problem is that some of the #BuildBuildBuild and #TourismTourismTourism people keep overmarketing the area and annually expanding the geographical market reach of media/advertisement. We went to Seaside, ate some gelato, bought some mercantile goods, and ate some burgers, fries and fried pickles, and the commute there (from Eastern Lake area) was about 45 minutes plus 10-15 to find a parking spot. #LeaveNoStoneUnturned