• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Slow and loud engines. Very loud with all the horn honking from the line of cars behind.

Maystrong

Beach Lover
Apr 14, 2009
Seacrest
Yesterday, as I sat in traffic through Rosemary and Seacrest, I saw 2 separate golf cart taxis, with what I think was far too many people on them, disregarding the pedestrian crosswalk laws. They blew right through the crosswalks even when they could see pedestrians already half way across the road where oncoming traffic had stopped to let people cross. They definitely need to follow the rules of the road.

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
Golf cart taxis???? This is a new one to me. Are they only in certain areas and certain times? As more building continues, I can see this business increasing ten fold!!!! Which means beaches will get more and more crowded!

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Golf cart taxis???? This is a new one to me. Are they only in certain areas and certain times? As more building continues, I can see this business increasing ten fold!!!! Which means beaches will get more and more crowded!
Anywhere on 30a. They are slow and loud. Should be electric at least then they would be slow and quiet! Sorry but 15 mph on 30a is ridiculous except for a few places like Seaside. Another stupid mistake by Walton-Mart County. Weak government is worse than no government

Conn006

Beach Lover
Feb 5, 2016
Wow—-not electric and speed not over 15 mph???? We are electric and can go 25mph...wth??? It has got to be an insurance thing with speed. I feel this area does not have a handle on much of anything. So disappointing....

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
Wow—-not electric and speed not over 15 mph???? We are electric and can go 25mph...wth??? It has got to be an insurance thing with speed. I feel this area does not have a handle on much of anything. So disappointing....
Almost every golf cart I am behind in SoWal is going 10-15 mph tops

seabythegrove

Beach Fanatic
Nov 16, 2012
Try to get one at 8PM - impossible! Someone must like the idea!
They do go the speed limit unlike most golf carts on 30A. Yes they are loud. I know this because I used one when I got a flat tire.
If drivers are being irresponsible they should be pulled over and ticketed like every irresponsible vehicle operator (good luck with that!).
You can't put the toothpaste back in the tube - deal with it the best way you can!