• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Has anyone noticed on that deed he just posted that the bottom property line says "approximate Mean High Water Line" and has a date of 1991 ...read that again ...1991.... That means they DO NOT have a current survey and DO NOT know where the MHWL is... They cannot prove that anyone is trespassing if they dont know where the line is. The state of Florida owns all land seaward of that line.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I may not be the smartest one to have an opinion here but if I can figure out a solution to this I should be getting paid as much as the lawyers hired by our county (feel free to toss $$ my way)..I propose that the TDC dig into those billions of dollars of bed tax $$$ and get a current TOPO survey done on ALL public beach accesses. This will put to rest where the MHWL is at a bunch of different places along 30A (doesnt matter west of Topsail because those beaches have been renourished). The sheriffs department would then have a reference point as to where private property ends and state owned beaches start. You can usually see from one public access to the other so a general sight line should suffice when responding to a trespass complaint. Seems like it would cut down on alot of the BS..They might even HAVE current surveys laying around that they could start with since they just bought a couple of beachfront parcels.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
Beachfront property owners should have those surveys, from maybe 2015/2016 though, because of the Sheriff ‘s SOP in May 2015.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
“Last session, HB631 was passed with overwhelming support from both Democrats and Republicans,” Scott continued. “Unfortunately, the legislation has now created considerable confusion and some have even interpreted it as restricting beach access. I’m committed to keeping our beaches open to the public and this executive order makes this commitment clear. Today, I am ordering the Department of Environmental Protection to do everything in their power to advocate to keep our beaches open and public.”

“Also, I am putting a moratorium on any new state regulation that could inhibit public beach access and also urging local government officials to take similar steps to protect Floridians’ access to the beach.”