• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
cassie said:
Getting closer :shock: ... how'r you locals hanging out there? Any crazyness yet?
nothing crazy, just a window of sunshine for the last 1.5 hours. The steady gentle breeze is picking back up.

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
Well hang in there. You go pop another Guiness and I'll have Jack & Coke, and we'll all just go with the flow ; )

I like the "First Hand Weather Reports" by the way.

Kokomo Joe

Beach Comber
Jun 11, 2005
Latest Comment By Steve Gregory...

Here is Steve Gregory's latest comment (as of 3:45pm CDT today) on his Weather Underground blog:

"The latest set of model tracks have shifted slightly westward again, with the envelope ranging from Pensacola to Gulfport. A PURELY DEAD RECKONING of the past 6 hour track brings the system to Gulfport Sunday afternoon. The 18Z run of the NAM -- (normally not good at handling hurricanes) shows a landfall further west near the MS/LA state line. The 18Z GFS is not yet available."

http://www.wunderground.com/blog/SteveGregory/show.html

dusty

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005
Re: Latest Comment By Steve Gregory...

At 5pm EST Saturday: Dennis = Cat 2, 105 miles/hour; 280 miles from Appalach; moving 14 mph.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Here's hoping he's right (for our sake).

at200504_model.gif

dusty

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2005
The Weather Channel also reported from PCB and said they lost 50 feet of beach front to Ivan and 100 feet of beach front to Arlene...150 feet total lost in the last year. They showed how leaving the seaweed on the beach helps with curbing the beach erosion...so they explained why the seaweed is not getting cleaned up.

Does 30-A have as much seaweed as they showed PCB has?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
dusty said:
The Weather Channel also reported from PCB and said they lost 50 feet of beach front to Ivan and 100 feet of beach front to Arlene...150 feet total lost in the last year. They showed how leaving the seaweed on the beach helps with curbing the beach erosion...so they explained why the seaweed is not getting cleaned up.

Does 30-A have as much seaweed as they showed PCB has?

We have, but a lot of it got covered up by Arlene. They rake the seaweed in Destin and have severe beach erosion.

Liquified

Beach Comber
Jun 21, 2005
pressure has also dropped and that eye has formed really well now. Does look like the strike zone has moved west a bit though. Batton down the hatches people!!!!

20.jpg

phdphay

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Hey, Kurt. We were trying to remember exactly when Ivan hit the coast. I thought it was around midnight on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Also, was there a mandatory evacuation? We weren't affected by that because we had to board up and leave the Sunday before Ivan due to the fact that we couldn't afford to take any more time off from work. My sister (also a Gator - thought you'd like that) plans to come down from Dallas (TX) to her house in Seagrove on Friday, and she was wondering if she'd be allowed in the area. I told her that we drove down the Thursday afternoon after Ivan, so hopefully she'll be okay on Friday if, well, you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.