• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Abby Prentiss

Beach Fanatic
May 17, 2007
I read where Walton County Tourist Development Council (TDC) collects 22,000 bags of garbage each year from the beach. Recently, beachfront owners, resorts, and condo associations are demandig that TDC trucks are not allowed to drive across "their" property.

This is insanity. The TDC says they will be forced to stop collecting garbage. I wish people would tote out their garbage but we know that won't happen. Tons of garbage left on the beach?

Will the greed and exclusionary mentality of beachfront owners destroy our beaches? Destroy our beauty? Do beach owners want no tourists at all?

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
Beach owners pick up after themselves. They aren't responsible for the greed and entitled mentality of tourists or others who don't do so. I imagine beach owners would want what we all would prefer--tourists respectful of others and accepting of personal responsibility, including taking your own trash with you. Let the tourists who don't respect and protect the beaches go somewhere else. Everyone in Walton County will be the better for it.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Beach owners pick up after themselves. They aren't responsible for the greed and entitled mentality of tourists or others who don't do so. I imagine beach owners would want what we all would prefer--tourists respectful of others and accepting of personal responsibility, including taking your own trash with you. Let the tourists who don't respect and protect the beaches go somewhere else. Everyone in Walton County will be the better for it.
If the garbage doesn't kill tourism it will be the elitists! Same thing?