• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
Only an idiot would deny that the next big storm is going to destroy the dunes and most of the homes on them. I've seen tons of pictures on this site that make it clear. Just search and see and compare to Google earth today. It ain't hard to see if your head is not buried in the sand.
Read my post again. Show where the shore line is different. Shore line is where the sand meet the Gulf.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Once again ...some aerial photo of the beaches from years past to beaches now are NOT a legal description of a property. You say "Prove it" by looking at pictures..I say "prove it" by producing a legal document.

James Bentwood

Beach Fanatic
Feb 24, 2005
Read my post again. Show where the shore line is different. Shore line is where the sand meet the Gulf.
Yes I understand what a shoreline is. It's location from the dune line is directly related to the amount of pounding the dunes will take. More relevant is the relative height of the sand compared to years past. I saw all of the surveys done that showed why renourishment is necessary. The beach level is much lower and in a critical state. That you think it is a ploy to steal your property is a more idiocy AND paranoia.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
If the Sheriff requires signs to post the surveyed property boundaries - OK. Walton County's requirement. Then don't vilify property owners for doing what the Sheriff and Walton county requires ... oh I forgot the Walton commissioners prohibited property owners from placing signs marking their property boundaries at all times.
Or...
How about Walton mark their 8 miles of public beach boundaries and by default the remainder of the 899 parcels are private property. If the Sheriff is going to make up the rules and use the wet sand, private property owner don't need to survey their properties, unless you/Walton want to prove the public landward MHWL property boundary is landward of the wet sand or near the toe of the dune. But I'm not worried about that MHWL survey either.
The WCSO SOP from 2015 started this sign issue because it was part of his trespassing requirements. Also, each beach has several surveys, registered, sealed in envelope...I can’t remember them by name but they’re in there

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
From Dothan street to pelayo street in sea grove is gulf shore manor beach dedicated to the homeowners of gulf shore manor. With a court order. So far as a group we have stayed out of it for now. There's a public beach song at Santa Clara next to county parking. Maybe we should shut down all of nature walk and hub owners from coming to beach. Or set up daily charge. Then we all can get everybody with a bad taste about Walton county and maybe property prices will lower and people will quit coming .i guess county parking lot could just before people walking on the beach.

Attachments

• IMG_5961.jpg
    IMG_5961.jpg
    637.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_5962.jpg
    IMG_5962.jpg
    649 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5963.jpg
    IMG_5963.jpg
    627.6 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5964.jpg
    IMG_5964.jpg
    547.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5965.jpg
    IMG_5965.jpg
    478.5 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_5966.jpg
    IMG_5966.jpg
    652.6 KB · Views: 127

mimi

Beach Crab
Apr 5, 2018
Seagrove
Looks to me like your documents show that Gulf Shore Manor has non-exclusive use of the sand between Dothan and Pelayo, not dedicated use. Some of that area belongs to owners of gulf front property, some to the county (Santa Clara access) according to county records. Not sure how Gulf Manor could possibly charge admission...

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
The front property owners lost in court. For perpetual use for all of gulf shore manor. Personally I think the beach is for all to use. I don't think anyone any where on beach should govern the use of it

mimi

Beach Crab
Apr 5, 2018
Seagrove
Thanks for the clarification, Beach days.

I agree that the beach should be open to all and am relieved you were being facetious.

beachmax

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2017
30-A
This Customary Use discussion is not about the use of the beach by locals. It is about activating the inland land of developers so the land will be more attractive and thus more expensive. Follow the money. St. Joe is developing the Margaritaville Watercolor on West Bay straddling Bay and Walton Counties. They plan on the senior community ultimately having 170,000 homes. With that many homes the population will be 5 to 6 times the current population of Walton County. They are touting the proximity to beautiful 30-A and our beautiful beaches. Get ready for bus loads of day trippers coming to the only county in the area that is pursuing CU. We will a fine time finding a place on any of our beaches. Follow the money.