• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
This Customary Use discussion is not about the use of the beach by locals. It is about activating the inland land of developers so the land will be more attractive and thus more expensive. Follow the money. St. Joe is developing the Margaritaville Watercolor on West Bay straddling Bay and Walton Counties. They plan on the senior community ultimately having 170,000 homes. With that many homes the population will be 5 to 6 times the current population of Walton County. They are touting the proximity to beautiful 30-A and our beautiful beaches. Get ready for bus loads of day trippers coming to the only county in the area that is pursuing CU. We will a fine time finding a place on any of our beaches. Follow the money.
There will also be plenty of new development along 331 to I-10 and east/west along 98. The limiting factor for access to SoWal beaches is going to be parking.

beachmax

Beach Comber
Mar 29, 2017
30-A
Nope. Just think of the 50 passenger buses running continuously between Margaritaville and 30-A. Nice. No parking required. Heck, the county might even provide a place to drop off .

Beach days

Beach Lover
Jul 2, 2017
Freeport
When I first moved here in 1990 my favorite beach place was at the county entrance at stall worth lake.at that time the only complaint was the Choctaw field mouse. They where mad about having to pay for research on them. I personally think that the high water line is where the beach starts. We have all seen at where all sea dunes start. I know of at least 25 illegal sea walls are constructed.lets get county to go have them removed and all hope for a hurricane. Then maybe all beachfront houses will be gone and we can start over. It's easy to say we own until mother nature takes away

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
When I first moved here in 1990 my favorite beach place was at the county entrance at stall worth lake.at that time the only complaint was the Choctaw field mouse. They where mad about having to pay for research on them. I personally think that the high water line is where the beach starts. We have all seen at where all sea dunes start. I know of at least 25 illegal sea walls are constructed.lets get county to go have them removed and all hope for a hurricane. Then maybe all beachfront houses will be gone and we can start over. It's easy to say we own until mother nature takes away
Sad commentary that you would wish a hurricane on anyone. Whatever happened to the Golden Rule?

boomerang

Beach Lover
May 11, 2015
Don's talk about the golden rule Mr. Huckabee - fact or fiction

you have pulled a nasty stunt against all of us who are not fortunate enough to own beach front.

you are a hypocrite

even your fellow republicans think you what you pulled was "dirty politics"

don't act like a good guy when you and speaker of the house Richard Corcoran did a deal that punished only Walton County -where you happen to own beach front.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
Walton County attorney Daniel Uhlfelder traveled quite a ways from his WaterColor home this weekend to wiggle his toes in the dry sand beach behind the Vizcaya residential community.

Armed with an umbrella, a chair and a copy of a recent Rick Scott executive order, Uhlfelder spent Saturday and Sunday on the beach, upsetting representatives of the Vizcaya homeowners association with his presence on a stretch of sand they claim as their own.

“I sat where I was comfortable. I sat where I’m used to sitting when I go to the beach,” Uhlfelder said.

Accompanied Sunday by local artist Justin Gaffrey, Uhlfelder also tested the resolve of Walton County deputies charged with mediating a growing number of disputes between coastal private property owners and beachgoers who claim the sand belongs to everyone.

Uhlfelder and Gaffrey nearly managed to get themselves hauled off to jail for criminal trespass. It would have been the first such arrest since HB 631 became law July 1 and turned the beaches of South Walton into a battleground.

On numerous occasions over the two days of encounters with Mr. Ulfhelder, Adkinson said, deputies explained how the situation could be mediated and handled without any issue or without a warrant being filed. The sheriff said deputies explained they were not going to physically arrest him and take him off the beach.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Don's talk about the golden rule Mr. Huckabee - fact or fiction

you have pulled a nasty stunt against all of us who are not fortunate enough to own beach front.

you are a hypocrite

even your fellow republicans think you what you pulled was "dirty politics"

don't act like a good guy when you and speaker of the house Richard Corcoran did a deal that punished only Walton County -where you happen to own beach front.
I don't know who you are, Boomerang, and you obviously don't know who I am. I am not Gov. Huckabee and no amount of you thinking or saying that will make it so. I have no idea why you even think that, but each to his own.

Joe Walton

Beach Fanatic
Aug 31, 2015
Aren't there rental houses in Vizcaya? Maybe people should be warned about not renting there.

Unless they like cop shows.