• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

SoWal Buff

Beach Comber
Sep 4, 2011
I have tried to get answers from rental companies but it seems they want to push me to rentals that have a private beach but I like to go different places along 30a in south walton. What is the situation? Or should I just stay in Destin? Thanks in advance!

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I have tried to get answers from rental companies but it seems they want to push me to rentals that have a private beach but I like to go different places along 30a in south walton. What is the situation? Or should I just stay in Destin? Thanks in advance!

It's not any better in Destin.

Paintmn

Beach Comber
Jun 14, 2018
Walton county
I respectfully disagree with kaydence..been following closely. I'm local and don't see big change in destin or Miramar beach area....while I know this issue applies to all of us and we all want access to all our beaches ,it seems right now biggest disputes are in 30 a area

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I respectfully disagree with kaydence..been following closely. I'm local and don't see big change in destin or Miramar beach area....while I know this issue applies to all of us and we all want access to all our beaches ,it seems right now biggest disputes are in 30 a area

I posted the images of what's happening in Destin recently.

Anyone seen what beach vendors in Destin doing?

Paintmn

Beach Comber
Jun 14, 2018
Walton county
No onl. Nope only right now in 30 a area

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
The reason it is more on 30A than other places is because the beaches west of Topsail State Park have been renourished to the Okaloosa line so the owners there only own to the Erosion Control Line (which is closer to the dunes) vs. The MHWL. That is because tax $$ where used to restore the beaches there.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Think confusion here... I was replying to customary use issue. Not beach chair rental... And no only seems combative on 30 a .. Them posts about chairs...been that way for couple yrs no changes there

Those chairs are preventing people from customarily using the beaches.

Only reason its combative on 30A is because folks are antagonizing a homeowner knowing he will call the police.

I'm all about customary use but I'm not about pissing people off just because its politically expedient to do so.

paul zmigrosky

Beach Crab
Jul 22, 2018
laurel hill
You can obviously go to any public beach. There's a large one on scenic gulf drive but you must stay off the dry sand area of private beaches with are prevalent through walton county.