• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
BlueMountain Beach public beach access has now become beach mafia territory only. This morning (6:30AM) at the 83 access my wife set up a chair at the wet sand directly in front of the 83 beach access stairs to the beach. Along comes the mafia kid and sticks an umbrella in the sand directly in front of her ( he spoke not a word)
Keep in mind she is over 10 feet Inside the western magical public beach boundary line ( vendors not allowed on this section of Public beach). Not sure if beach enforcement is even interested in enforcing vendor rules. Would love local (PCB) TV to investigate and document the real ( brother in law) story here.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Wow. If public beaches are all we have left to access it would be nice if they were kept clear of all vendor crap. Why can't we have nice things? Other beach communities have very strict rules about vendors on the beach. Isn't this the very least we can accomplish here on the world's most beautiful beaches?

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
When a BCC commissioner's son is a beach chair vendor, this is what we get. And it may very well continue as long as that commssioner is in office.

I am sending an email to WMBB's Okaloosa/Walton reporter, Peyton LoCiero (email: plocicero@wmbb.com) about this. I recommend anyone reading this to please send her an email as well. Just a few emails regarding the same topic can get exposure, and this practice needs to be exposed. Sooo....if all of you that "like" steelman's original post will send a quick email to Peyton, maybe we will see a story. Hopefully, WMBB being in Bay County they will have the fortitude to investigate and air the story.

gailforce

Beach Lover
Aug 29, 2015
Seacrest
Public beaches cut in half for vendors and tent size went up to ten feet. No enforcement on tent placement either. Not fair.

Jimmy T

Beach Fanatic
Apr 6, 2015
So So So many times.. they Mafia and beach Enforcement claim eastern boundary goes east at 45 degrees into public beach ( more umbrella setups)..see for yourself "Walton records " property line is straight to Gulf not a45 degree angle East

Walton County Parcel Maps
That sucks. There is so little public beach there. Giving more than half of it away to vendors seems like a bad idea to me. Wish there was something we could do about this.

Mike Jones

Beach Fanatic
Dec 24, 2008
When a BCC commissioner's son is a beach chair vendor, this is what we get. And it may very well continue as long as that commssioner is in office.

I am sending an email to WMBB's Okaloosa/Walton reporter, Peyton LoCiero (email: plocicero@wmbb.com) about this. I recommend anyone reading this to please send her an email as well. Just a few emails regarding the same topic can get exposure, and this practice needs to be exposed. Sooo....if all of you that "like" steelman's original post will send a quick email to Peyton, maybe we will see a story. Hopefully, WMBB being in Bay County they will have the fortitude to investigate and air the story.
You are talking about Cecilia Jones - VOTE OUT JONES!

Decent people have courtesy and beach etiquette. That vendor was so rude ... If somebody set up an umbrella in front of me blocking my view and access you better believe I would ask them nicely to move and prepared to go to any length to make them move if they don't comply.

lazin&drinkin

Beach Lover
Apr 13, 2010
That sucks. There is so little public beach there. Giving more than half of it away to vendors seems like a bad idea to me. Wish there was something we could do about this.

There is something you can do about it. Vote for Danny Glidewell and Bill Fletcher. They don't have family operating beach businesses on public beach, unlike Cecilia, and they are not backed by the cabal backing Cecilia and Trey Nicks. Getting Danny and Bill on the BCC is the first and essential step to changing the way the county does business.