• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I think it is each persons right to the way they feel about vendors .but to trash Cecila about vendors because of her son supports his family that way is not right. I have not had much interaction with her but have know her son since he was in middle school and watch him become an adult. He works more than one company and coaches sports for young kids.he was a beach vendor before she was a commissioner. So for someone to bring that up when they also are apart of the vendor service stinks. Look at all the traffic jams , it's because reasturants resorts and shopping . We now live in a new Walton county we have grown . 3rd fastest county in state get used to it.

Jones is not trashed because her son is a vendor. She is trashed because she is a worthless commissioner supported by special interests and big money. That her son is a vendor is just a bonus. He gets 50% of our beaches to operate a private business on public property that cost the taxpayers millions of dollars and he pays practically nothing. His momma got him a cushy deal!

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I don't blame any one commissioner for our horrible vendor problem. It is a total lack of leadership for protecting the quality of the beach experience for all of us. Why we can't have leaders willing to learn from other beach communities and how it's done, and implement common sense measures is not asking for too much. Where is the leadership?? I only hope that the same leaders are capable of doing what must be done to achieve Customary Use of our beaches once again.

steel1man

Beach Fanatic
Jan 10, 2013
Jones is not trashed because her son is a vendor. She is trashed because she is a worthless commissioner supported by special interests and big money. That her son is a vendor is just a bonus. He gets 50% of our beaches to operate a private business on public property that cost the taxpayers millions of dollars and he pays practically nothing. His momma got him a cushy deal!
She must be the Mafia Godmother #KissHerRing

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
Why we can't have leaders willing to learn from other beach communities and how it's done, and implement common sense measures is not asking for too much. Where is the leadership??

One good example is Hilton Head Island. Between (most of) the buildings and the roads is foilage/trees to better ensure a beautiful view. Finding the WalMart there is a real challenge. There are other things HHI has done right. And I'm sure there are other beach communities that do it right.

But with Walton County most of the power and decision making comes from north of the bay. Many of the people running beach services, etc. live north of the bay. They seem to look at the beaches and beach area as simply a cash machine, nothing more.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
Bingo!! Always been that way but it is really overdue for a change.

EZ4144

Beach Lover
Aug 6, 2005
One good example is Hilton Head Island. Between (most of) the buildings and the roads is foilage/trees to better ensure a beautiful view. Finding the WalMart there is a real challenge. There are other things HHI has done right. And I'm sure there are other beach communities that do it right.

But with Walton County most of the power and decision making comes from north of the bay. Many of the people running beach services, etc. live north of the bay. They seem to look at the beaches and beach area as simply a cash machine, nothing more.
They also don't mind if SoWal looks like Hwy 90 in Defuniak Springs.

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
If some people (residents OF SOWAL) hadnt pushed for the scenic hwy designations years ago it probably would look like that.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008

You are 100 percent correct. So do some of the BCC. Tiny is our rep and he just follows what he is told to do by the ones who put him in office.