• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tyler T

Beach Lover
Aug 24, 2010
Does anone think customary use issue might already be affecting the market? In what ways?

Freebeachfan

Beach Lover
I am a Realtor living and working at Gulf Place. I have been doing this longer than I care to admit. I lived thru the cycle of up and down. The SoWal area is not that unique that it does not follow the nationwide trends. Inventory is down here and nationwide. Interest rates are slowly creeping up. Cash sales are down 19.2% year over year. My facts are from Florida Realtors and is for Walton County in general. Again, not much difference across the county. the volume of business up north is not large enough to sway the numbers.
MY PERSONAL OPINION. As goes the stock market goes the real estate market. We are due for an adjustment but I don't think anymore than a seasonal slowdown. I watch the different areas along 30A and think that some areas are overheated but mostly everything is balanced. OK?

M

Maureen Asan Nipaver

We have a condominium on 30A that we rent and rentals are definately up the past year. What I love about 30a is the mix of people, young and older.

Corvettejon

Beach Crab
Sep 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach
I enjoy reading the monthly Walton county updates posted here regarding the real estate market. Is there an ongoing thread discussing the "Health of the Market"? thx, Red
There is an outstanding Magazine I came across which addressed your Q. Beaches Resorts Parks on pages 108-113 covers it. The Spring/Summer 2018 edition also covers the 16 Communities of South Walton and World Famous 30A on pages 49-60. Actually, this amazing magazine covers the entire Emerald Coast Alabama to PCB. Review it on-line or better yet get a hard copy of this one. Sara Evans front cover.

Last edited by a moderator: