• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
LIES! LIES! LIES! LIES! LIES! & MORE LIES!!!

I am a party to the Ethics Complaints that have been filed against Cecilia Jones! The complaints filed against her are scheduled to be heard on September 7, 2018 at 10:00 AM on the 3rd floor of the First District Court of Appeals in Tallahassee.

The Commission will meet in Executive Session to determine probable cause and evaluate the preliminary investigation. Cecilia Jones has NOT been cleared of ANYTHING!!! I spoke to the Investigator yesterday who explained that the only reason the complaints have moved forward this far is because he believed there is enough probable cause to warrant the Ethics Commission looking at the complaints filed against her!!

STOP THE LIES CECILIA JONES! STOP THE SMEAR CAMPAIGN YOU HAVE LAUNCHED AGAINST DANNY GLIDEWELL!

I will see you in Tallahassee!!
39953600_10212845028464414_3260097704872640512_n.jpg

REGARDING THE LIES LIES LIES CECILIA JONES TELLS!

Melody Hadley is an Attorney out of Tallahassee who ADVOCATES for the Commission on Ethics.

"The Attorney General's Office assists the Florida Commission on Ethics by providing attorneys who serve as the Commission's prosecutors or "Advocates." Once the Commission has received and investigated a sworn Complaint alleging that a public officer or employee has breached the public trust, the Advocate assigned to the case makes a "RECOMMENDATION" as to whether the case should go forward. If it does, it is the Advocate who conducts the prosecution, through an administrative hearing under Chapter 120. Advocates also handle some appeals, and collect civil penalties when a violation is found."

It's no SECRET that one of Cecilia Jones BFF's is the State Attorney, Bill Eddins. It's also NO SECRET that he has a HUGE amount of political influence in Tallahassee and that they want to see Cecilia Jones cleared of these ethics complaints.

The executive hearing has been set. The Advocate can make all the recommendations she'd like but that DOES NOT MEAN that Cecilia Jones has been cleared, it is simply a suggestion to the Ethics Commission!!

Cecilia Jones also placed the letter regarding the hearing on Sept 7, 2018 that she received on top of the Advocates recommendations in an attempt to muddy the dates and the fact she was notified of the hearing on Sept. 7th. (2nd image)

Bottom line Cecilia Jones, see you in Tallahassee on Sept. 7th. You will face the Ethics Commission!!

40024181_10212844942662269_3704309503529844736_n.jpg

39935771_10212844942862274_4782509559417667584_n.jpg

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
This is an email from Beau Jackson to Art Miller who is also a party to the Ethics Complaints filed against C. Jones. I have redacted the email addresses of both parties!

"Jackson, Beau"
Subject: RE: Cecilia Jones Flyer # 2 today
Date: August 23, 2018 at 2:02:27 PM EDT
To: Art Miller

Hello Mr. Miller,

I can’t speak to what Commissioner Jones has sent out. However, a probable cause hearing before the Ethics Commission is scheduled for September 7, 2018, regarding the complaints filed against Commissioner Jones. You should have received information about the hearing. Please let me know if you have not received that information.

Thank you,

Beau Jackson
Florida Commission on Ethics
Tallahassee, FL 32303

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
http://waltonsun.com/news/20180824/flier-wrongly-claims-walton-commissioner-cleared-of-ethics-claims?template=ampart

Flier wrongly claims Walton commissioner cleared of ethics claims
By TOM McLAUGHLIN
Posted Aug 24, 2018 at 5:28 PM
Updated Aug 24, 2018 at 5:43 PM

Fliers landing in Walton County mailboxes this week have been disseminating less than truthful information regarding an ethics complaint lodged against incumbent commission candidate Cecelia Jones.

The mailings, sent out by a shadowy electioneering communications organization known as Voters Response, calls out Danny Glidewell, Jones' opponent in Tuesday's primary, for smearing her by discussing the ethics complaint.

"Ethics Investigation Completed. No Probable Cause Found," the flier's message screams. "Stop the Smear Danny."

The message is accompanied on the flier by an attorney's recommendation that the Florida Commission on Ethics find no probable cause to uphold several claims brought against Jones by two Walton County residents.

But the fact is nothing has been decided in regard to the now-consolidated complaints of Art Miller and Lynda Morse. The Ethics Commission will decide at a Sept. 7 hearing in Tallahassee whether or not Jones committed several alleged violations.

"The case will only be determined after the commission makes a probable cause determination," Ethics Commission investigator Beau Jackson told Miller via email in response to an inquiry sent after the Voters Response flier went out.

While neither Jones nor Voters Response Chairman David Ramba returned phone calls Friday, it appears the sliver of truth the "no probable cause found" declaration is based upon is a recommendation from Attorney Melody Hadley that the commission find no probable cause to move ahead with its inquiry of Jones.

Hadley is an assistant attorney general and advocate for the Florida Commission on Ethics. It is an advocate's job to act in something of a prosecutorial role when a probable cause hearing is held, according to Kerrie Stillman, the spokeswoman for the Florida Commission on Ethics.

Her recommendation, however, is simply that, Stillman said.

"The Ethics Commission makes the final decision. They are not bound by the advocate's recommendation at all," Stillman said.

The allegations Miller made against Jones last October state she:

Misused her office to influence the outcome of a whistleblower lawsuit.Misused her office to benefit her family.Misused her office to influence an election and commit Sunshine Law violations.Misrepresented official financial disclosures.Failed to complete or provided erroneous information on ex parte communication forms.Misused her office by posting false information on social media.

Jackson, the FEC investigator, spent eight months investigating the allegations against Jones before deciding a probable cause hearing was warranted.

"These don't go to a probable cause hearing unless they think there is substantial probable cause," Miller said. "That's not saying she's guilty, it's just saying the investigator thinks there's enough there to move forward."

If the Ethics Commission agrees with Hedley that no probable cause exists, the case against Jones will be dismissed. If it finds probable cause does exist the complaint could go to an administrative law judge for a hearing, or Jones could decide to settle with the Commission Advocate.

All probable cause hearings are held in private, Stillman confirmed.

Glidewell, Jones' opponent, said he knew very little about the workings of the Florida Commission on Ethics before the Voters Response flyers started arriving, but he says its clear the group wasn't providing accurate information to the public. He blamed Jones, rather than the electioneering communications organization, for the ad's content.

"That flier she sent was an attempt to deceive the voters. That's wrong," he said. "She knows she's got to go to a hearing. She needs to tell the truth."

Voters Response has been funneling thousands of dollars into the two Walton County Commission races that will be decided Tuesday, with much of the money spent on mailers carrying negative messages about Glidewell and fellow candidate Bill Fletcher.

Three other political action committees have been supplying money to Voters Response since July 17. Those are Greater Florida Leadership Group, Citizens for Principled Leadership and Voters for Economic Growth.

The three together have thus far dumped approximately $119,000 into Voters Response coffers.

A second mailer sent out this week claims Glidewell "and his millionaire backers" should apologize to Jones for even discussing the upcoming Ethics Commission hearing.

"Lawyers say 'no probable cause' for ethics violations," the mailing claims.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
I spoke to the Ethics Investigator yesterday. There were 3 people who were privy to the Advocates recommendations. The Advocate, C. Jones and her atty. The reason they had them was in order to mount her defense. Either C. Jones or her attorney sent them to Voter Response who created those flyers. NO ONE else had the advocate responses.

Presumptuous

Beach Crab
Aug 25, 2018
Florida
Lynda,
It is obvious that you are eaten up with trashing Comm Jones. You have a personal vendetta against her and everyone except your cronies and are just flat out evil.

You must have a very boring life to post about her continuously and to file bogus complaints against her. You are transparent even giving your condolences to the Miles family, but not hers. Not sure how you justify your bad behavior. Boy, you are classy ..,, NOT!!!!!!!! Can’t wait til she is elected again.,,,

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Lynda,
It is obvious that you are eaten up with trashing Comm Jones. You have a personal vendetta against her and everyone except your cronies and are just flat out evil.

You must have a very boring life to post about her continuously and to file bogus complaints against her. You are transparent even giving your condolences to the Miles family, but not hers. Not sure how you justify your bad behavior. Boy, you are classy ..,, NOT!!!!!!!! Can’t wait til she is elected again.,,,

Frequent poster aren’t you

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Lynda,

I make no pretense about the fact I don't want her elected again or my distaste for her or her dead husband. I did not owe her my condolences then or now. I make no apologies for not being a hypocrite and offering condolences I don't feel. For whatever it's worth, my own father died in February and she sure as hell didn't offer me her condolences. The Miles family knew of my father or at least his daughter or granddaughter did (not sure which) who was at one time one of his home health nurses. So of course the kindly thing to do was offer my condolences.

Bogus complaints? Hmmm, that certainly isn't what the Ethics Commission has said and there isn't going to be a probable cause hearing because of bogus complaints.

How ironic you registered to this forum today, just to tell me what you think of me and didn't even have the courage to use your own name? That's classy, NOT! At least I have the courage of my own convictions to own what I say!