• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
Since we are working on submitting affidavits and sending in photos showing our customary use of South Walton beaches over the years.... If you come across some good ones, please share one or more here with year, place, etc.

Don't forget to submit your affidavit and also email or drop off photos. Here is our discussion with instructions: SUBMIT Customary Use Affidavits & Photos to Walton County. Info for Locals & Visitors...

160304-grayton-003-sowal-2000.jpg

Friday Mar 4 2016 Sunset on Grayton Beach. Kurt and Teresa. We witnessed a marriage proposal at the surf's edge!

Grayton Beach is a public beach. It's our primary beach over the years and I was a Lake Mom for the first several years of my son's life sitting by the shores of Western Lake.

I'm searching for older photos where we spent days with family and friends on Seagrove Beach, Santa Rosa Beach near Gulf Place, Blue Mountain Beach, Inlet Beach, WaterSound Beach, and many more beautiful, and some remote spots on our coast. Some of our most memorable moments have been exploring our Florida State Parks with miles of preserved dunes and beaches. A mix of public beach accesses, parks, and random beaches all along SoWal beaches are part of our experience - I do not recall ever being told that access to the beach was not allowed. Not even in some of our resort towns. Experiences also include sunrise, sunset, moon rise, wine, grilled hot dogs, birthday parties, crawfish boils, moonlight kayaking, walks, shelling after storms, hiking from the beach to the bar, driving out on Grayton Beach on Christmas Day, kids dancing on the sand on New Year's Day, and more sunsets.

Last edited:

Will B

Jan 5, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Beach 91

Sorry these are PDF's. When I scanned them all to send to the customary use address, I didn't want to send a ton of files so I saved them by year. These include a bunch in the Draper Lake area who were some of the first to scream, "Hey, you kids...get off of my lawn!"

Attachments

• Beach 91.pdf
    541.8 KB · Views: 112

Garrett Horn

Beach Lover
Mar 2, 2017
2008 (3).jpg

Eastern Lake Inlet, same place as picture above: my son, and my grandchildren, 2008.

Five generations of customary use.