• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I vaguely remember one of those "flying saucer" kind of houses on the south west landing of the old bridge (late 50's ?) where "Baily's", and "Blue Bar", and "Barago's" has been. What was that building before it was "Baily's By the Bay"?

jodiFL

Beach Fanatic
Jul 28, 2007
SOWAL,FL
I vaguely remember one of those "flying saucer" kind of houses on the south west landing of the old bridge (late 50's ?) where "Baily's", and "Blue Bar", and "Barago's" has been. What was that building before it was "Baily's By the Bay"?
I think it was the residence of the Baileys. I still see and talk to the owner of "Baileys by the Bay" so I will ask her the next time I run into her and let you know.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
To be honest, I'm drawing a total blank on the name of the owner of "Bailey's", although I have met her once, but she lived next door. "Bailey's" was something else before that... come on guys, we still have brain cells, right?...

Garrett Horn

Beach Lover
Mar 2, 2017
I have a great map of this area, including Freeport, Pt. Washington, Grayton, Seagrove, etc. It's dated 1939, and there is no bridge across the bay. I have it in PDF (7.5MB) and JPG (16.7 MB) but I can't get either one to post on here. I'd love to share this map, so somebody give me clue how to convert it.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I have a great map of this area, including Freeport, Pt. Washington, Grayton, Seagrove, etc. It's dated 1939, and there is no bridge across the bay. I have it in PDF (7.5MB) and JPG (16.7 MB) but I can't get either one to post on here. I'd love to share this map, so somebody give me clue how to convert it.

Oh that sounds awesome. Jpg will work but need to resize for smaller file size. Kurt?

Emerald Drifter

Beach Fanatic
Jun 8, 2018
Santa Rosa Beach

Most of the free email hosts will accept up to 20MB attachments. You may be able to email it to webmaster@sowal.com and they can post it.

If you have Dropbox, Box, or any other online storage, you can upload the file, the right click the uploaded file, click "copy Dropbox link", then, finally click the "Link" icon (7th from the left above your message reply box) and paste the copied Dropbox link.