• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Looking at the numbers in the district 4 race, the margins were a lot closer in the south districts. 63% to 37% in Chautauqua was the closest it got in the north end. Whereas 51% to 49% in Rosemary was the closest it got in the south end. Fletcher got 45% of the vote in the southern districts and only 26% in the northern districts. The final numbers seem large but it’s not quite the blowout it seemed to be. This appears to show a clear divide. The turnout was pretty close, of the 10,901 votes cast 5,802 were north of the bay, 5,099 were south a difference of 703 voters. Interesting to note the 43 people that voted in the district 4 race and not the district 2 race.
Precincts - Election Night Reporting

Stats Compliments Jeff Talbert's post

Last edited:

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
40396310_10212383984730177_6623379791418490880_n.jpg

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Looking at the numbers in the district 4 race, the margins were a lot closer in the south districts. 63% to 37% in Chautauqua was the closest it got in the north end. Whereas 51% to 49% in Rosemary was the closest it got in the south end. Fletcher got 45% of the vote in the southern districts and only 26% in the northern districts. The final numbers seem large but it’s not quite the blowout it seemed to be. This appears to show a clear divide. The turnout was pretty close, of the 10,901 votes cast 5,802 were north of the bay, 5,099 were south a difference of 703 voters. Interesting to note the 43 people that voted in the district 4 race and not the district 2 race.
Precincts - Election Night Reporting

Stats Compliments Jeff Talbert's post
There is a definite divide - and I could have told you that before the election. The reason is that Fletcher did not modify his campaign to be a representative of District 4. He is known primarily by people in SoWal and people that attend BCC and Board meetings - and that knocks out most folks living north of the Bay. Had he gotten out and knocked on doors (well, that's dangerous) or made an effort to meet people, he may have done better but remember that everybody knows and loves Trey. Fletcher's best chance would be to run for District 5 when it comes up again. I would vote for him then.

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
There is a definite divide - and I could have told you that before the election. The reason is that Fletcher did not modify his campaign to be a representative of District 4. He is known primarily by people in SoWal and people that attend BCC and Board meetings - and that knocks out most folks living north of the Bay. Had he gotten out and knocked on doors (well, that's dangerous) or made an effort to meet people, he may have done better but remember that everybody knows and loves Trey. Fletcher's best chance would be to run for District 5 when it comes up again. I would vote for him then.

I knew it was there.

Bill and I had conversations about his lack of support in North Walton, particularly in DFS. People who don't know Bill didn't like his support of Mayor Bob Campbell or his support of C4ward, the Defuniak Free Press or the 501 C 3 group Melinda Henderson is president of. Folks up here are not fond of Diane Pickett either who held a fundraiser for him. Those groups have alienated most of Defuniak with their agenda...which is to cater to tourism on the Circle (that won't pay the bills) to keep Defuniak just the way it's always been and cater only to the demands of a few. They believe that tours of the Circle are our ticket to being financially solvent, which is comical when you think about it...beautiful sandy white beaches 30 minutes down the road and ya think people are interested in historic homes? LOL

I am leery of Trey Nick because of the promise to give Scott Brannon a job. That was a NO vote from me. I get that he's likable and knows most of the folks in Walton County but a commission seat is not popularity contest as Cecilia Jones learned. I'm concerned about his complete and total lack of knowledge in regard to the LDC and Comp plan, knows nothing about running a multi million dollar budget and prior to running had never attended a BCC meeting. His financial backers were also CJ's. In fairness, if he had been supported by anyone other than Cecilia Jones, I probably would have voted for him myself, the other issues I had with him not withstanding.

I'ma make a prediction in the next Dist 5 race when Anderson's set is up for grabs.
Cecilia is going to run against him . :drink: :hammock:

Jul 10, 2017
DeFuniak Springs

That would mean Bill will have run in 3 different districts in 4 years. Seems shady as hell to me.

Alaqua

Beach Comber
Aug 19, 2017
Portland , Fla.
I knew it was there.

Bill and I had conversations about his lack of support in North Walton, particularly in DFS. People who don't know Bill didn't like his support of Mayor Bob Campbell or his support of C4ward, the Defuniak Free Press or the 501 C 3 group Melinda Henderson is president of. Folks up here are not fond of Diane Pickett either who held a fundraiser for him. Those groups have alienated most of Defuniak with their agenda...which is to cater to tourism on the Circle (that won't pay the bills) to keep Defuniak just the way it's always been and cater only to the demands of a few. They believe that tours of the Circle are our ticket to being financially solvent, which is comical when you think about it...beautiful sandy white beaches 30 minutes down the road and ya think people are interested in historic homes? LOL

I am leery of Trey Nick because of the promise to give Scott Brannon a job. That was a NO vote from me. I get that he's likable and knows most of the folks in Walton County but a commission seat is not popularity contest as Cecilia Jones learned. I'm concerned about his complete and total lack of knowledge in regard to the LDC and Comp plan, knows nothing about running a multi million dollar budget and prior to running had never attended a BCC meeting. His financial backers were also CJ's. In fairness, if he had been supported by anyone other than Cecilia Jones, I probably would have voted for him myself, the other issues I had with him not withstanding.

I'ma make a prediction in the next Dist 5 race when Anderson's set is up for grabs.
I knew it was there.

Hmmmm... Didnt see Brannon’s name on the ballot anywhere? Must have missed it. Would have voted for him again tho. Hate you didn’t vote for Trey Nick!, everybody else did ...last thing- Can you explain exactly how attending bcc mtgs , is the qualifier to seek office ? Are you aware you can view them via Video on county website?

Kaydence

Beach Fanatic
Jan 19, 2017
Florida
Hmmmm... Didnt see Brannon’s name on the ballot anywhere? Must have missed it. Would have voted for him again tho. Hate you didn’t vote for Trey Nick!, everybody else did ...last thing- Can you explain exactly how attending bcc mtgs , is the qualifier to seek office ? Are you aware you can view them via Video on county website?

Who said actually attending meetings is a "qualifier"? It would have been nice though if Trey had bothered to answer ANY of the questions directed at him regarding what he actually knows about current issues (CU is only one of many) that he could not or would not answer. Do I think he actually took the time to visit the county website and watch BCC meetings? Umm, no I don't because then he would have been able to actually answer questions.

You're correct Scott Brannon was not on the ballot but why am I NOT surprised that had he been, you would have voted for him again? About 65% of registered voters who actually voted in the primaries wanted to keep things just the way they have always been and that says a hell of a lot. The Citizens needed a 3/2 vote on the BCC. That did not happen in my opinion. Time will tell.

Lots of folks in Walton County admire crooks, drunks, thieves, liars, cheats but it doesn't mean we should continually re-cycle garbage and keep electing them. Ain't that right Cecilia?

NO everybody did not vote Trey Nick. 44% percent had better sense, it simply wasn't enough.

Last edited: