• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Tim Uzar

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2017
Eastern Lake
Your obsession with my place of residence amuses me. However you are still wrong. The sherif operates on laws (the things you are trying to subvert) not relationships. The laws are what I mentioned to you about the signage that disgusts so many. I didn’t make it up. It is real, it has happened. I’m just trying to share another perspective.

I’ve been here a long time for those that are so curious.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Your obsession with my place of residence amuses me. However you are still wrong. The sherif operates on laws (the things you are trying to subvert) not relationships. The laws are what I mentioned to you about the signage that disgusts so many. I didn’t make it up. It is real, it has happened. I’m just trying to share another perspective.

I’ve been here a long time for those that are so curious.
Your place of residence is central to the issue.

Tim Uzar

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2017
Eastern Lake
Your place of residence is central to the issue.
Hardly, Jim Tucker. People are allowed to share their opinions of the subject matter regardless of location, Or are they????? Does the mob want to silence those that are not with their agenda? Let’s not forget you guys are the ones soliciting people far and wide to sign an affidavit. Regardless of where they live you don’t care as long as they meet your criteria. This argument will always be easy for me to win because I’m on the right side of the law and it has already been proven once.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I agree with Jim Tucker. And the fact that you want to hide the details of your residence speaks a lot to your commitment to this community.

Tim Uzar

Beach Comber
Jul 30, 2017
Eastern Lake
I agree with Jim Tucker. And the fact that you want to hide the details of your residence speaks a lot to your commitment to this community.

I wouldn’t expect you to not agree w Jim. If you care so much about only hearing the opinions of locals stop soliciting far and wide. Nice try but I’m not asking you for your address. Don’t ask me for mine please.

Jim Tucker

Beach Fanatic
Jul 12, 2005
Hardly, Jim Tucker. People are allowed to share their opinions of the subject matter regardless of location, Or are they????? Does the mob want to silence those that are not with their agenda? Let’s not forget you guys are the ones soliciting people far and wide to sign an affidavit. Regardless of where they live you don’t care as long as they meet your criteria. This argument will always be easy for me to win because I’m on the right side of the law and it has already been proven once.
Of course anyone can weigh in. You misconstrue. If you cite specific issues you have on the beachfront then where you live and your actions are important. We are interested in knowing if you are like many others and argue in principle or if you have specific problems that can be resolved. Or if you just want people to stay off your beach because it's YOUR beach then you should be honest about it.

FactorFiction

Beach Fanatic
Feb 18, 2016
Of course anyone can weigh in. You misconstrue. If you cite specific issues you have on the beachfront then where you live and your actions are important. We are interested in knowing if you are like many others and argue in principle or if you have specific problems that can be resolved. Or if you just want people to stay off your beach because it's YOUR beach then you should be honest about it.

I have personally witnessed people on a Gulf front property owner's lot that was near an access do the following things: 1) Set up within 5 feet when there was plenty of vacant beach to have set up 20 feet or more away, 2) Set up immediately in front of the owner's chairs and when asked to move say "I have just as much right to be here as you do.", 3) Play frisbee with their child and the child literally hit the beachfront owner in the head with the frisbee, 4) Smoke when people are all around and the smoke is going toward non-smokers and their grandchildren, 5) Set up a canopy (or two) early in the day (7:30ish) and leave it until sunset while only spending approximately 3-4 hours out of the total day, 6) send frisbees, balls, etc. into the dunes (this one happens all over the beach), leave trash (particularly cigarette butts, plastic bottle tops, and other small plastic/cellophane items), holes, large sand creations (also all over the beach). I'm sure I could think of some more, but you get the idea. I'm fortunate to have a neighborhood (deeded) beach where others are welcome, but there are times that I truly wish we could trespass some people because they are so rude and disrespectful, but there is no law against behaving badly unless it gets to the illegal stage. Interesting that a restaurant owner, a movie theatre operator, and other "owned and managed" places can get help when someone is disruptive, but that doesn't apply on a Gulf front owner's property. I bet you'd find that a lot of Gulf front owners would be fine with people on their deeded property if there were rules that were enforced timely, proactively, and consistently AND they had the right to assistance if someone was disruptive to the enjoyment of the beach of the owner, family, guest, or others also using the beach.

FloridaBeachBum

Beach Fanatic
Feb 9, 2017
Santa Rosa Beach
It is not surprising that customary users of private property do not post stories like these.

1. “On August 25, the Walton County Sheriff's Office received a complaint that a man was destroying "Private Beach" signs near Eastern Lake Drive. Stephen Lewis Hess, 57, and his wife were visiting South Walton from Texas, when they became uneasy about what they were seeing on the beach.”
Visitor Arrested for Destroying "Private Beach" Signs
Arrested Stephen Hess Lewis - Copy.jpgEastern Lake Drive - Copy.jpg
Not surprisingly there is ONLY private beach property landward of the MHWL on Eastern Lake Drive; except for a small outfall parcel Walton paid $850,000 for in 2016. But with all the misinformation from customary users it’s no wonder misguided public is confused and acting out.

Not surprisingly the Walton Sheriff went out of his way NOT to charge the man with trespassing on private property - since he had to trespass on private property to destroy the private property signs.

2. Tampa Bay. “... one man’s effort to fence off his beachfront property from the public using a new state law allowing property owners to privatize the sand up until the high tide line.
We reported the man behind all this was Jack Tenney. We told you Tenney is a YouTuber and ultimately, we discovered his actions to fence off the sand were all a part of a publicity stunt.”
Fences on beaches cause uproar and confusion about new Florida law
Jack Tenney customary use hoax Tampa - Copy.jpg

3. or posting factual information on Florida Statute 163.035 (HB631). Here’s an article from the bill sponsor Democrat State Rep. Katie Edwards-Walpole from Plantation. A land use attorney who is not seeking re-election to her District 98 seat to spend more time with family as a newlywed.
Edwards-Walpole defends her beach access law | Opinion